Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Please help me identify a Spector 4-string?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Magneto, Apr 4, 2005.

1. I have a borrowed Spector bass, something similar to the performance series. It's gloss white, 24 fret-bolt-on, 34" scale. Sports two EMG SSD soapbars (passive), two volume, two tone controls. Neck is maple with a rosewood fretboard. I've found no markings, no serial numbers, etc..have no idea where it was made, and am trying to troubleshoot a peculiar electronics problem with it.

I attached a photo.. let's see if it shows up..

Thanks..

Mag...

2. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    it's a performance series

3. Thanks for the help.. If anyone knows of a wiring diagram for this Spector, with 2 volume/2 tone, 2-EMG-SSD soaps (passive), it would be extremely helpful. It looks as though someone might have done some rewiring with this bass, and it's having some problems.

Mag..

4. cetera

cetera

Apr 29, 2004
    Surrey, England
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses & Cort Basses
    Try contacting Spector directly. Stuart Spector and his crew provide EXCELLENT customer service :) :bassist:

5. Thanks for the tip. I tried calling Spector support, but the message said that PJ Rubal would out of the office most of the week, so i emailed them. Maybe I'll get lucky and get a helpful reply.

Mag...

6. Johnny Fila

Johnny Fila Formerly "The Crusader"

Nov 21, 2004
    Elmont, NY (near NYC)
    go to the wbsite. you can download how to care for your spector. what you need is in there.

7. Thanks.. I downloaded the manual yesterday, but there's nothing about wiring in it. Nice info though.

Spector support is very good. I guess I was originally calling the wrong number before. I called today 3 times, talked to a tech 3 times, he walked me through the wiring problem. Someone had rewired the bass, and it was wrong. I found another ground problem with a shoddy solder job that was causing the main problems. Tech said he'd email me a wiring diagram tomorrow. I wish all manufacturers had tech support this helpful and friendly.
    Problem solved.. Thanks people..

Mag...

8. Johnny Fila

Johnny Fila Formerly "The Crusader"

Nov 21, 2004
    Elmont, NY (near NYC)
    The guys at Spector are great, PJ has always been most helpful to me. I love their product (not just the bass itself!).
    I thought I had the right answer for you, sorry.
    One thing I do know, trust in your Spector! quality product.

9. cetera

cetera

Apr 29, 2004
    Surrey, England
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses & Cort Basses
    Great news! :)

Spector customer services is always excellent. Just the way it should be! ;) :bassist:

10. Big giant head

Big giant head

Feb 21, 2005
    Ditto for excellent customer service. I e-mailed for a broken plastic washer on one of my tuners and PJ was out of town but he still e-mailed me the next day and in a couple of days the new part was on my doorstep.