1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Please help me identify this Domino Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Stinsok, May 22, 2011.

1. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    I can't determine which model this little bass is.

Bass Guitar | eBay

Yes, I bought it. Why? I dunno.

2. I can't add any information but I think it looks cool. Also... hard to go wrong for $50.

3. Stinsok

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    I've consulted the Blue Book and have found a lot of other Domino's online. Not one like this.

4. Since the nick is strate and it cords and plays very good you can't go wrong for $50.00

Rick B.

5. Stinsok

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    It wasn't listed in basses either.

6. Hahahaha

7. Japanese budget bass IIRC. If so, there's not much else to know...I believe there are Domino collectors around. Hope the bass is in good, playable shape...the previous owner wasn't literate enough to even describe it!

8. I have the exact same bass but in an off-white cream. They play pretty well but have thick necks, and sound pretty decent. It was my first bass, and a good one for what it was. It hasn't been played in years though, due to a disastrous de-fret attempt

9. sfrochicken

sfrochicken

Jun 21, 2011
    Hello - I am a Domino expert. I've got my own blog on the brand in fact. The bass you bought on ebay is a slightly modified Domino "Baron" Bass. The modification is with the thumb rests - there should only be one, not two of them. For more info, feel free to check out my new blog: californianrebel.com - I'm not selling anything. Just a blog that documents Domino guitars specifically. :) Best of luck! - Darren

RSBBass likes this.
  10. fatfoohy

fatfoohy

Sep 18, 2009
    I know I'm coming in late, but i actually bought on of these a year ago, it doesnt have the second thumbrest, the shiny knobs or the ashtray though, im glad to see i don't have the only one on earth!....ok maybe not i'll put up some pics of mine later if you want me to.

11. fatfoohy

fatfoohy

Sep 18, 2009
    Also, is there any way you could take some close up pictures of your knobs and ashtray?

12. BaristaBike

BaristaBike

Jul 31, 2017
    Denver, CO
    IMG_3910.JPG This must be a Domino Baron Bass. Just picked it up on Saturday. Awesome tone off this baby. Anyone know what year this is? Or any other ones out there? How rare is this Baron? IMG_3897.JPG IMG_3910.JPG