1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

please help me on a 79 fender jazz, japan made

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jeremiahjay, Sep 12, 2008.

1. jeremiahjay

jeremiahjay

Oct 31, 2007
    somebody is selling me a 79 fender jazz bass, made in japan. i have not seen the item yet and is sold for 250 USD. I don't have the idea on the item, i don't know if it's worth it. Please help. show pics if possible. thank you guys

2. M5Yates

M5Yates

Feb 7, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Fender didn't start making basses in Japan until 1981, so that date may be wrong.
    Either way, it's worth more than $250 if it really is a made in Japan Fender and is in playable condition.

3. thumpbass1

thumpbass1

Jul 4, 2004
    Yep! M5Yates is right. There were no Fenders being made in Japan in the 70's. There were however lots of Fender copies being made in Japan and other asian countries of varying degrees of quality. That said, some of these Fender clones with brands such as Tokia, Greco, and even Ibanez can be very, very good. For 250 bucks you may get yourself one sweet J-Bass copy that is worth every penny and maybe a bit more.

4. danomite64

danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    You're thinking about buying a bass, and you want us to show you pics of it?:confused:

5. jeremiahjay

jeremiahjay

Oct 31, 2007
    thanks guys you're such a great help.

6. jeremiahjay

jeremiahjay

Oct 31, 2007
    hahaha. stupid me. i just want to have the idea. anyways thanks for taking time danomite64

7. synaesthesia

synaesthesia

Apr 13, 2004
    UK
    Thanks, someone has to say that.