1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Please suggest an informative thread title, guys!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by thesilence, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Currently I play in the praise band at my church where I go through the system which is fine since we have in ears and the sound guy is awesome; However, soon I will be going to college where I may or may not have pa. I need some reccomendations for used amps that will be loud enough for playing contemporary worship and also for a rock band with two guitarists, a medium-loud drummer, and a keyboard and i'd like to stick around $400.

2. Thunder Pulse

Thunder Pulse

May 12, 2007
  3. I have and it comes up with 9,000,000,000 threads of which the first 3 pages had nothing to do with what I asked

4. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    I've edited the original thread title ("Amp") as I honestly felt it was insulting to other people on the forum.

Is the lack of effort you put into the thread title indicative of you attaching a low priority to getting informed advice?

Please, show some respect for the time and effort of other people on the forum by taking the time to phrase your post as if the responses matter to you.

:(

5. Start looking used. 210 or 115 for worship, 410 or 212 for the band minimum. New suggestion: G-K MB210 combo and a NEO 212 or Neo 410 extention cab (350 watts combo on it's own, 500 watts with the extention). You come up with so many hits cause the same basic question is asked 5 to 20 times a week. The "stickies" at the top should be a better friend for reading.

6. Title? "Rig need to cover worship and 5 piece rock band!"

7. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    Not bad - but I think we can do better. Let's have some creativity and humour here!

How about "Suggest a medium size rig to replace my in ear monitors"?

8. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    "$400 Rig for Rock & Worship?"

9. shoot-r

shoot-r

May 26, 2007
    Illinois
    "Maybe FOH"..."Rock band"..."Loud drummer"..."$400.00".
    I always suggest when this comes up at minimum a 300 watt amp and at minimum a 410. You might get away with a, (less expensive), 115 cab depending on how hard your drummer hits.
    It's possible to find a used set-up that will cover "Rock", "Drummer", and for "$400.00", or atleast close.
    Locally to me, there's a used G.K. 800 head and a Peavey 215 cabinet for sale for $450.00. That would make for a very loud rig. Draw back is that's a large and heavy cab by todays standards.
    I'd suggest watching the T.B. classifieds, there's some real bargains that pop-up often on used equipment.
    Watch for Peaveys, G.C. Acoustics, ect.
    If you think a less powerful combo might get you by while your at school, check out G.C. Acoustic's 200 watt, 115 combo. A new one is in your price range.

10. "Which is a better investment: Monster Cables or a power conditioner?"

11. Title?? OK. How about "Why does every strange unusual food taste like chicken????" ;)

Paul

12. KING OF THE CASTLE
    I like this, as applied to ME.
    On topic, I'd try *Good $400 combo?*
    Go into a bit more specific detail in your OP.
    Edit: My specific suggestion would be a Hartke Kickback 12.

13. Jammin_Bass

Jammin_Bass

Nov 5, 2009
    Seismic audio makes some good cabinets for poor musicians. But I would look for a used amp head first, and then match it to whatever kind of cab/cabs you want.

14. Orco87

Orco87

Mar 26, 2000
    Texas
    As you've been substantially flamed for the proper way of starting a thread...

You may need to up your price or really look hard on craigslist and definitely around here and ebay if you want to get anything worthwhile.

What wattage are your guitar and keyboard players running?

With the price range you're willing to stick with, you can get yourself (if new) a nice 2x10 and 200-300 watt amp. If used, you'll most likely be able to get a decent heavy cab and amp combo for that price or a lil' bit more as whomever you've bought it from has upgraded to lighter nicer gear. ^_^

I feel your pain, it can be difficult to search for something like this subject matter when the 1st several replies to anyone asking this similar question is to use the search! haha! At the same time, get ideas of different amp and speaker cab combinations that you could do and do searches on that, it'll most definitely better educate you on not only the pro's and con's of the ones with experience with them, but also what others in your situation are using and what works for them. Once upon narrowing a combo down (which you've gotten some good suggestions so far), it'll be easier to get the super best bang for your buck and still sound good. Hope it all helps.