Dismiss Notice

Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, get alerts, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Pocket Rockit Yes or No

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by gsprice696, Feb 11, 2014.

1. gsprice696

gsprice696

Feb 7, 2014
    So I've been doing some looking and I'm reading a little about this product and some people r saying it junk while others love it. Opinions Please or alternatives that r better. Thanks in advance

2. My girlfriend has one and she loves it.
    Makes me feel kind of unneeded though.....

:bawl:

3. Register_To_Disable

4. ArtechnikA

ArtechnikA I endorsed a check once... Gold Supporting Member

Feb 24, 2013
    SEPA
    The BassBootCamp guys are selling what looks like 'last year's model' for closeout pricing ($40) along with registration. I've got a headphone amp that's serviceable (and was $20...) but I thought I'd give this a go in case it's better - or I find myself needing a backup some day.

So - I'll let you know in March, when I get mine...

I'm skeptical of any integral-plug device because I doubt they will be compatible with a Synapse deeply recessed jack - but we will see (and I'm not taking a Synapse to the BBC...)

5. gsprice696

gsprice696

Feb 7, 2014

Word... Yea please let me know what u think of it once u get it.

6. I have the vox. Its totally fine sounds good. Loud and has etx in for learning tunes etc.... usually the ones with bass"effects" are unlistenable

7. Killed_by_Death

Killed_by_Death Snaggletooth Banned Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2015
    the Heart of Darkness
    Disclosures:
    I'm not a very nice person, deep deep down.
    I was considering getting one of these for practice on the back porch, vs. dragging my amp+cab back there.

Pocket Rockit - Guitar Products Detail, S1 PR-9060 Headphone Amplifier

upload_2016-6-17_22-25-36.png

I know they make ones for bass & with more amp models, but I thought the guitar one with grit would work better for what I play.

Anyone have any experience with them, good or bad?

8. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

I have one of the first generation models. Bought it over 10 years ago and it's still working. It's a great tool. I plug in my mp3 player and practice along. I have not tried any other models on the market but i think this is probably one of the better ones. The rest seem pretty basic. Mine looks like this but mine is the Bass specific model.
    [​IMG]

Killed_by_Death likes this.
  9. BadExample

BadExample

Jan 21, 2016
    :( but you can always be needed if willing to chase down batteries.

Killed_by_Death likes this.