Pocket Rockit Yes or No

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by gsprice696, Feb 11, 2014.

1. gsprice696

gsprice696

Feb 7, 2014
    So I've been doing some looking and I'm reading a little about this product and some people r saying it junk while others love it. Opinions Please or alternatives that r better. Thanks in advance

2. My girlfriend has one and she loves it.
    Makes me feel kind of unneeded though.....

:bawl:

3. TalkBass Sponsor

4. ArtechnikA

ArtechnikA I endorsed a check once... Gold Supporting Member

Feb 24, 2013
    SEPA
    The BassBootCamp guys are selling what looks like 'last year's model' for closeout pricing ($40) along with registration. I've got a headphone amp that's serviceable (and was $20...) but I thought I'd give this a go in case it's better - or I find myself needing a backup some day.

So - I'll let you know in March, when I get mine...

I'm skeptical of any integral-plug device because I doubt they will be compatible with a Synapse deeply recessed jack - but we will see (and I'm not taking a Synapse to the BBC...)

5. gsprice696

gsprice696

Feb 7, 2014

Word... Yea please let me know what u think of it once u get it.

6. I have the vox. Its totally fine sounds good. Loud and has etx in for learning tunes etc.... usually the ones with bass"effects" are unlistenable

7. Killed_by_Death

Killed_by_Death Snaggletooth Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2015
    the Heart of Darkness
    I'm not a very nice person, deep deep down.
    I was considering getting one of these for practice on the back porch, vs. dragging my amp+cab back there.

Pocket Rockit - Guitar Products Detail, S1 PR-9060 Headphone Amplifier

upload_2016-6-17_22-25-36.png

I know they make ones for bass & with more amp models, but I thought the guitar one with grit would work better for what I play.

Anyone have any experience with them, good or bad?

8. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

I have one of the first generation models. Bought it over 10 years ago and it's still working. It's a great tool. I plug in my mp3 player and practice along. I have not tried any other models on the market but i think this is probably one of the better ones. The rest seem pretty basic. Mine looks like this but mine is the Bass specific model.
    [​IMG]

Killed_by_Death likes this.
  9. BadExample

BadExample

Jan 21, 2016
    :( but you can always be needed if willing to chase down batteries.

Killed_by_Death likes this.