1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

POD for upright?

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by RickSausage, Mar 8, 2008.

1. RickSausage

RickSausage

Mar 6, 2008
    Has anyone ever used a POD through a PA for upright? I have a gig tonight where I won't be able to bring an amp; it'll be mostly pizz, maybe 25% arco.

Any suggestions for settings?

2. bolo

bolo

May 29, 2005
    Apex, NC
    I can only recall one post I think in this forum re: using a POD w/ DB. Sorry. Maybe others will chime in.

Not having used one myself, and not knowing what kind of music you play, take this with a grain of salt. But first I'd try it "flat", no EQ, no presets. For a fatter, blunt old school or trad type sound, I'd try their Ampeg B15 fliptop setting.

Good luck ...

3. bassist14

bassist14

Oct 17, 2005
    Germany
    dan berglund from E.S.T uses a pod

4. learning_towalk

learning_towalk Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2004
    Chattanooga, TN
    Really? I like his tone a lot

5. bassist14

bassist14

Oct 17, 2005
    Germany
    really! i´ve seen him live last summer.

esbjorn uses a pod too, and i would not be surprised if the drummer has one too...

6. EST = best damned jazz band on the planet, with the exception perhaps of Nik Bartsch's Ronin :)

7. Forgive me, but what's a POD?

TIA!
    François

8. bolo

bolo

May 29, 2005
    Apex, NC
  9. learning_towalk

Mar 15, 2004
    Chattanooga, TN
    I knew Esbjorn did because I saw it sitting on top of his piano in a few YouTube vids...

I have a Bass Pod XT that I am going to try running with my modded VE500 (bass should be here tomorrow, and the Fdeck pre is on its way too) so I should be able to experiment with it some in the next few days...I have some out of state gigs coming up soon and would love to leave my amp/cab at home so I'm hoping I can get some usable tone with my pod...if not I'll just go Bass>Fdeck>Live Wire DI>House

I really enjoy using my PodXT with my slab, it makes bigger venues, where I'm with the opener, much easier than lugging my amp around.

Be blessed.

10. Thanks.
    But I suppose POD is a real abbreviation?
    What does it stand for?

Regards,
    François

11. learning_towalk

Mar 15, 2004
    Chattanooga, TN
    The POD is a preamp/amp and cabinet simulator/multieffects box...A lot of slabbers use and love them because they have deep editing capabilities, and high quality amp/cab simulations as well as great effects. It's an all in one box that you can take to a gig and with good PA support can save your back without sacrificing tone.

I love my Bass Pod XT.

12. Uncletoad

Uncletoad

May 6, 2003
    Columbus Ohio
    Proprietor Fifth Avenue Fret Shop. Technical Editor Bass Gear Magazine
    Piece of Dung. It's the music industries equivalent of a flown bird.

13. I wanted a POD for years, tried one in the store, love affair was immediately terminated. Every setting sounded exactly the same to me, and I didn't care for what I was hearing in the first place. I still prefer SansAmp.