Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

POD pro effects

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by blipndub, Mar 25, 2005.

1. Does the non-XL pro pod have a wah (with floorboard)? What about it's synth abilities?

2. jpo259

jpo259

Feb 2, 2005
    Corona, CA
    Do you mean the XT??? The old POD could be used with the old floorboard with a volume pedal and wah pedal. The synth patch sucked. The new XT POD has some pretty cool synth patches in the 'Stomp' effect section. Each synth. patch is highly tweakable and works well with some of the presets like 'Subdub'. Very cool synth effects. The new XT can be used with the FBV Shortboard controller with Vol./wah pedal.

3. The older POD Pro Floorboard did have a pretty decent wah. It was modeled after a Vox, and I found it to be warm and very responsive to bass.

4. ps. jpo259: that other thread that you basically owned regarding the PodXT Pro helped motivate me into picking one up. It's abso-freaking-lutely awesome.

Question...I currently use a Mesa Bass 400+ and was debating pluggin the PODxt into the FX return of that...any issues that you can imagine? For weight's sake, I still might pick up a QSC PLX or somesuch...but the Mesa is near and dear to my heart.

5. If I pick up an original POD pro am I going to wish I had gotten the pro XT?

How's the delay on the old one, does it have reverb?

I should prolly find a manual on line shouldn't I?

6. First off, READ THIS THREAD:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=168009

For starters, the POD XT does one major thing that the POD doesn't do...it allows you to turn on or off effects within the preset ala stompboxes. You have four buttons (on the pod xt or the compatible foot controllers) that correspond to either 'Stomp' (overdrives, synths, autowahs, etc), 'EQ' (6-band graphic eq), 'Mod' (modulation effects like chorus, phaser, and flange) and 'Delay/Reverb' (plenty of different delays and verbs.).

With the older POD, you were stuck with one effect. You really couldn't do, say...a chorused envelope filter, nor could you just kick in an EQ change. THIS capability in the PODxt was the big selling point for me.

The POD xt has a few more amp/cab models, but the biggest improvement is with the effects, in my opinion. If you're looking more for effects (not just wah...which is really good on both versions) I'd say you'll be more satisfied with the XT.

7. jpo259

jpo259

Feb 2, 2005
    Corona, CA

Plugging into your effects return would be the best way to us it right now. It bypasses your tone shaping section (or should), allowing the POD to be tone shape central, etc. Oh, and I am sure the 400+ is near and dear!! I wonder how the POD will sound driven through that tubey goodness??! Let me know!! Oh, and ANY QUESTIONS, just post here or PM/email me. I'm sure Xonebass would be happy to help, too!!

Joe

8. jpo259

jpo259

Feb 2, 2005
    Corona, CA

Plugging into your effects return would be the best way to us it right now. It bypasses your tone shaping section (or should), allowing the POD to be tone shape central, etc. Oh, and I am sure the 400+ is near and dear!! I wonder how the POD will sound driven through that tubey goodness??! Let me know!! Oh, and ANY QUESTIONS, just post here or PM/email me. I'm sure Xonebass would be happy to help, too!!

Joe