Poll - Which Monitors are Best

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Saint, Aug 1, 2003.

1. Event

6 vote(s)
    19.4%
  2. Alesis

3 vote(s)
    9.7%
  3. Mackie

7 vote(s)
    22.6%
  4. KRK

3 vote(s)
    9.7%
  5. Fostex

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Yamaha

7 vote(s)
    22.6%
  7. Carvin

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Other

11 vote(s)
    35.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. aladdin

aladdin

Mar 7, 2003
    Chiba, Japan
    Here in Japan, the studios I have worked for use Fujitsu Ten Eclipse monitors. Fujitsu UK page

In addition, they usually have a pair of B&Ws or JBLs for the final listen and an "Auratone"-like set of Technics 3" full range speakers.

They (Fujitsu) are in the price range described in the first post. They are excellent speakers. Are they what you are looking for? I don't know, but give them a try.

-Aladdin

2. I'm suprised that only two people mentioned Genelec. (is it cause they're over $1500? I didn't buy em)
    I've used 20/20s almost exclusively, with a pair of tiny KRKs for small auratone like use. I totally agree about the bass response in 20/20s, which is quite bothersome: I was told by some, that 20/20s had TOO MUCH bass, and as a result, I don't come through too much in the mix on our demo (www.paulina-music.com).:(

3. Tannoy, Dynaudio, Blue Sky, JBL, Earthworks, Westlake, NS10's, Genelec, Hafler, KRK, and PMC
    Those are good. …………………….. Pick one.

[​IMG]
    Treena

4. treena makes a good point, once you get past a certain threshold, it no longer makes that much of a difference........... I just noticed how disturbing that smiley is.....