Poor quality Mark Bass products

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Lowtown, Jun 28, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lowtown

Lowtown

May 14, 2020
    Is anyone else having problems with poor quality Mark Bass products, or is it just me?

My Little Mark 500 stopped working with effectively no use.

I am really disappointed.

groooooove, Mili and bdplaid like this.
  2. SJan3

SJan3 Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Ct.
    Every product ever made suffers the occasional failure. You were unlucky.
    Send it back and get another brand. You've clearly pre concluded that this brand is "poor quality".
    (Edited to accommodate your deletions)

Last edited: Jun 28, 2021
  3. Lowtown

Lowtown

May 14, 2020
    My question still holds.

Moosehead1966 likes this.
  4. SJan3

SJan3 Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Ct.
    Which amp failed on you. There is more than one 500 watt Markbass head and did you buy it new?

Last edited: Jun 28, 2021
    Phaidrus and Sparky Mark like this.
  5. Overall, Markbass products are of a very high quality, so it could just be you being unlucky this time. Could you describe how you were using the amp (what speakers and cables were connected, how loud were you playing for instance?) when it stopped working? Also, have you contacted Markbass for help? Did you buy new or secondhand? As has been commented already, you should advise the correct model name for your amp as Little Mark 500 could describe many amps.

6. Lowtown

Lowtown

May 14, 2020
    I turned it on and it stopped working.

It had very minor use in my house - this all. I don't know why I even bought it - it sits in its box untouched.

7. mmbongo

mmbongo I have too many basses. Supporting Member

Bought new or used? What model is it? Still under warranty? What troubleshooting steps have you completed?

8. Lowtown

Lowtown

May 14, 2020
    Bought new

9. mmbongo

What model is it? Still under warranty? What troubleshooting steps have you completed?

10. arbiterusa

arbiterusa

Sep 24, 2015
    SoCal
    OP: It’s just you. Mine ran for years before I sold them off and I’d bet money they’re running still. A lot of things come to mind about Markbass, “poor quality” is not one of them.

If I had a brand new amp that didn’t work out of the box, I would return it and be done with it. Have you returned yours? If not, why not?

JRA, bigswifty1, BrentSimons and 5 others like this.
  11. Phaidrus

Phaidrus

Oct 25, 2009
    I somehow get the impression - could be wrong, of course - the OP is not telling the whole story. Electronic goods are sold under warranty (two years in the EU). You get a faulty one, they either have to fix it or replace it. What's all the drama for?

Last edited: Jun 29, 2021
  12. mmbongo

I'm starting to think there is no amp. It's all a ruse!

13. Aqualung60

Aqualung60

Jun 19, 2013
    New Jersey
    Jeeze, trying to get more info from OP is like pulling teeth from a Bear, or a Troll.

14. mexicant

mexicant

Aug 28, 2012
    Mid Michigan,USA
    My little mark bass head died,to expensive to fix. From my research i concluded this is fairly common .... Rather then try to get it fixed i moved on and switched to mesa boogie. That was 5 years ago,my mesa gear is still going strong.

15. MCS4

MCS4 Supporting Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Both of my Markbass cabs are several years old and have had no issues. I don't have much experience with their amp heads.

Phaidrus and SJan3 like this.
  16. SJan3

SJan3 Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Ct.
    I think he's attempting to summon the haters. I'm sure there will be a few. There always are.

17. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    There was an issue where my Little Mark Tube 800 would shut down if it got overloaded with treble. I have since sworn off tweeters and don't get nutty with the treble boost when slapping. Other than that, it has worked flawlessly for lots and lots of shows, all over the country in all kinds of places....

SJan3 likes this.
  18. Element Zero

Element Zero Supporting Member

Dec 14, 2016
    California
    1CC338D8-DD06-4966-9DAA-FF64584C0FE6.jpeg

19. ahbradot

ahbradot

Dec 14, 2019
    Florida
    Never any issues, every day use for 2 years straight.
    Markbass Ninja 102 500 Richard Bona Signature 500W 2x10 Bass Combo Amp.

SJan3 likes this.
  20. I have two Markbass products, an F1 head and a CMD121P combo. They are both more than 10 years old and I have used them in both North America and Europe (I adjust the voltage by changing the necessary jumpers). They are not my main amps any more, so they do not see much use, but both have been quite reliable so far.

I love most Markbass amps, but things can fail, even the best brands. I would not be loyal to any brand as there are so many great alternatives out there these days. If your amp left a sour taste in your mouth, which I believe did, move on to Bergantino, Mesa or Aguilar, brands which have very good customer service in the U.S.

Good luck,

Alper

Reedt2000 and SJan3 like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 24, 2022

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.