Popping sound problem.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by zeegler, Sep 21, 2006.

1. zeegler

zeegler

Sep 11, 2006
    Welland
    I just got my Nemesis NA650. I tried it out last night, and it sounds great, except for one thing: even with the input gain turned way down, when the strings are hit hard, there is a popping or snapping sound, and the clipping light flashes on. I can't really turn the input gain down any more, or it would be completely off. Is it possible that the pickups on the bass are too close to the strings, or perhaps just really crappy pickups? This happens regardless of whether the on-board compression is activated or not.

2. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    try lowering the pickups and/or reduce your "on board" volume on the guitar. it this guitar an 18v active?? those can be a problem for some preamps.

3. zeegler

zeegler

Sep 11, 2006
    Welland
    The bass just has crappy passive pickups. It's a cheapo Peavey bass. I'll try lowering the pickups first then, and see if that helps. I wish I had a better bass to try out with it, but I have to make do with what is available for now.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 13, 2021