1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Population Control

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Let It Fall, May 5, 2010.

1. Let It Fall

Let It Fall Banned

Oct 15, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I ponder this almost daily.

First off Im very anti Government and want the government to have as little roll as necessary in my life.

BUT I also wonder what are we going to do when world population becomes too much? We are growing as a population faster than ever, when will we stop? When will it be necessary to begin to limit human expansion? And what do you think will be used to control it?

DISCUSS

2. i do not know but i wish there were more regulations regarding procreation. ie: licensing requiring IQ of average or higher, also a simple psychological evaluation would help too. the last thing the world needs is more stupid/crazy people.

also birth control should be free to people who cannot afford it? it seems like the demographics with the most kids are the ones who cannot afford to feed them. i think there is a direct link between the population boom and people not being able to afford other forms of "entertainment."

my simple criteria if you cannot afford cable TV then condoms are free. :D

3. It's *role* :)
    I give this three pages max before it goes all P-word(rhymes w/'political')& gets shut down.

Edit: No offense- it's a worthwhile thought, I just can't see it going very far here.

4. bwv1013

bwv1013

Mar 20, 2008
    southern cal
    cue the 2012 and cosmic disaster predictions...

5. it will send thousands of bullet size meteors into major cities thinning the population:confused:

6. bass12

bass12 Say "Ahhh"... Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2008
    Montreal, Canada
    The world population is already "too much"... But Mother Nature has a fiendish way of taking care of such things... :ninja::help:

7. MIJ-VI

MIJ-VI Banned Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2009
    It's been tried repeatedly--for various reasons...: Eugenics

8. MIJ-VI

MIJ-VI Banned Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2009
    'Same thing as always: a huge war brought about by competition for resources.

9. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOi6v5DD_1M

mother nature or our computer overlords?

10. i've just been compared to the NAZI party :(

to clarify i don't care about race or religion in my eugenics just psychological stability and intelligence.

and really i just don't want retards or crazy people.

although a society filled with intellectuals would probably get annoying too. perhaps i will be more pleased with the populous if i move out of this backward redneck state. :p

like i said average intelligence and not crazy is all i ask.

11. nic salsus

nic salsus

Mar 16, 2010
    The ages old huge war option went away as a tool of the ruling class with the reality of total nuclear annihilation. Notice since WWII wars have had no real attainable military objective? The Cold War, Korea, Viet Nam, Afghanistan, Iraq......

12. nic salsus

nic salsus

Mar 16, 2010
    And what makes you think you'd make the cut?

13. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Supporting Member

It is a mistake to say that there are or will be too many people on Earth.
    Populations tend to self regulate. Growing rates keep decreasing, everything points toward 9-10 billion people. We already produce enough food to feed that much people.
    Starvation comes from bad or greedy management of ressources. It's a political, not demographic issue.

14. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    We're controlled by being kept fat and complacent.

15. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2007
    Fontana, California
    if we start reproducing too much, the market will take care of it. Food and water will become scarce, which will jack up their price. Those that can't afford it will die of starvation.

it's certainly not a pretty picture, but that's what usually happens in nature.

16. Let It Fall

Let It Fall Banned

Oct 15, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    hmm I actually didn't think about it like that.

Yes people would die from starvation...

The thread probably is about to end here.......

I think we should enforce natural selection. Im not talking about mentally ill people, but it seems like the weak, and stupid are always the ones getting helped out by some agency. They procreate and breed stupid and weak people and so on.

Im just saying, I would be one of the ones to die. I do pretty stupid things, am not smart with my money, was born with various birth defects so I would be one of them..

17. well right now im too poor so i wouldn't :meh:

once out of college, and i become the head of a small island nation preferably in the tropics, i will be doing the cutting.:p

i put myself as minimum requirement so you have to be as smart or smarter than me to procreate, and likewise equal to or more sane than myself.:p

the people who do not meet my requirement will not be allowed on my lawn :spit:

18. gkbass13

gkbass13 Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Chicago
    Intelligent people are perfectly capable of producing mentally, developmentally, physically and emotionally disabled children. I found that to be one of the most offensive posts that I have ever read on this site, Jonathan_Matos5.
    It's always funny when people complain about the psychological issues of others, and in doing so project disturbing, ignorant image of themselves publicly.

19. however people with hereditary mental/ physical disabilities are more likely to pass on those traits to their children. also a person with mental, developmental or emotional disability can cause even normal children to go mad.

ignorant? maybe bigoted but i hate all equally so all is well.

i complained?:confused:

please forgive me for not being PC however i will continue to not be PC. :meh:

20. McHaven

McHaven

Mar 1, 2005
    When the supply of oil drops off, we will see mass deaths. Any interruption of oil supply for greater than one year has been estimated to lead to the death of over half of America. (DOD statistic) The Department of Energy also believes that worldwide demand for oil will be vastly greater than supply in 2012. With the loss of oil, we'll see the loss of our food surpluses. The amount of food grown in the world is not naturally possible. It requires massive amounts of energy in various forms.