1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

post your modified Pedaltrain nano/mini's?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BassIsFun17, Sep 6, 2016.

1. BassIsFun17

BassIsFun17

Jan 16, 2006
    Atlanta
    I was hoping to see some of the ways people have modified their Pedaltrain Nanos and minis to accommodate a power supply and/or power strip.

I am looking to do some mods to my board and i'd just like to have some better ideas of what others have done to their own.

2. TU-2, MXR Bass Overdrive, and a CEB-3. I don't know what else to add.

image.jpg

3. BassIsFun17

BassIsFun17

Jan 16, 2006
    Atlanta
    what did you do to modify your board?

SunnBass and spaz21387 like this.
  4. Ricky Caboverde

Ricky Caboverde

Feb 26, 2004
    Miami, FL
    I modified a Nano to fit a Cioks Big John a couple years back. This was right before they had the DC5 or Adam...either of those would have saved me quite a headache :p

Attached Files:

subsonic777 likes this.
  5. Orion1985

Orion1985 Supporting Member

May 4, 2010
    Grass Valley, CA
    MXR DC Brick requires no modding to make work. I'll put a photo up when I get home.

6. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Aug 3, 2005
    Earth
    Interesting, I thought Cioks was the only option for mounting under a PT Nano/Metro.

I have a Cioks DC5 under my Metro 24 and it only just fits, the supply sticks out a mm or so more than the feet so there is a very slight bit of rocking going on from side to side!

7. Orion1985

May 4, 2010
    Grass Valley, CA
    The only issue is that you can't run the non-90 end of the power connectors on both sides of the brick at the same time. Like I said, I'll post a photo when I get home and you'll see exactly what I mean.

8. BassIsFun17

BassIsFun17

Jan 16, 2006
    Atlanta
    do any of those power supplies have the ability to power a 500 mA pedal?

9. Agosix

Agosix Supporting Member

May 7, 2013
    Woodhaven NY
    The power supply issue is easily resolved by adding thicker rubber feet and/or add some washers if needed. This will raise the board to clear the power supply like a trex mini or chameleon or other units off the floor.

10. Testing123

Testing123 Eschew obfuscation

Jan 21, 2006
    Orange County, CA
    Really? I have a DC5 under my PT Metro 20 and while there is only a few millimeters of clearance, it does not hit the floor and there's no rockin' goin' on -- 'cept when I'm playin, of course :bassist:

soktau likes this.
  11. Orion1985

May 4, 2010
    Grass Valley, CA
    Here is the photo I promised. I feel like it's outside the spirit of the OP but I just wanted to share my power supply solution. As mentioned, thicker rubber feet should help just fine if you're already close.

image.jpeg
    image.jpeg

Testing123 and ExaltBass like this.
  12. Still need some modification to the feet...Looks rad though.

Bottom Mounting:

To mount Ojai under a PedalTrain Nano or Metro, the board will need to be lifted up a few millimeters to allow Ojai to fit.

We have found that Heyco part #C-2008 fits below the PedalTrain Nano and Metro foot and provides a sufficient height increase to fit Ojai underneath when mounted with VELCRO®. The included 24V power adapter may also be mounted in the same fashion.

Testing123 likes this.
  13. Testing123

Jan 21, 2006
    Orange County, CA
    That's interesting. How do you affix the Heyco #C-2008 plugs to the Nano or Metro rubber feet? Super glue or some such?

14. I think they snap right in, from the looks of it. But I really think its just getting you there height wise. Edit: they say super glue, helps to read I was distracted by pictures.

How can I mount Ojai to a PedalTrain Nano or Metro? - Strymon

15. Fabio_MIJ

Fabio_MIJ

Feb 3, 2016
    back home
    Just one detail: the pedalboard keeps the pedals suspended from the floor and all related stuff (dirty, humidity, spilled beer). Keeping the power supply under the pedal support makes it vulnerable to these things. You'll prefer keeping it on the board with the pedals, even sticking out from it.

16. subsonic777 and Flabzilla like this.
  17. The swivel feet in that link are pretty schmick.

18. Testing123

Jan 21, 2006
    Orange County, CA
    Those are very cool! It doesn't say on the website (that I could see)... can the Ojai's do 18 volts or do you need a Zuma (which I believe will not fit under a Nano/Metro)?
    BTW, the Ojai is 33mm 'tall'. The Cioks DC5 which just barely fits under my Metro 20 is 31mm. 2mm ain't much, but it might be enough to warrant a board's inclusion into this thread (meaning you may have to mod it).

Flabzilla likes this.
  19. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 15, 2021