Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Power amp, preamp...

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Bassic83, May 29, 2005.

1. Bassic83

Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    Price drop-
    Didn't realize they'd come down so much- I think I paid right around $300 with shipping, new, for the EP1500. I've lowered the price...

The IVP is kinda rare, and has a vintage sound as described below, but can get "in your face" depending on EQ settings...I have seen only one in the past year on eBay.

My camera is down right now, but I am moving into my new house, and am reducing some "inventory"...

First up on the list is my Behringer EP1500 power amp. Almost new. Never abused, lived in a rack most of it's life. I'd like to get $200 for it, it's heavy so it might cost a few bux to ship. I never gouge on shipping, so the real cost would be passed on to the buyer, with a receipt for it.

Next up is my old IVP preamp, they don't make them any more. Semi-parametric EQ, great tone- if I didn't love my BBE so much, I'd still be playing it. Has that cool "Space:1999" type lettering in yellow on black. I'd like to get $125 for it.

I'm also considering selling off a few basses- ones that don't get played too much any more. I'll let you all know which ones I might be willing to part with. Some are low-end, like my Squier Precision 5 (J setup on a P body, shoreline gold and white p/g) but it has the sound, and it plays great! Would be a good way for someone to get into a 5 for not very much moolah...I'll take $140 for it...

I'll post pics soon. I have to get my camera fixed- shutter sticks. Either that, or I'll have to get a new one...

If someone buys the pre and the power together, I have an SKB rack I'll throw in for free. $300 for both.

I have my 3 year-old today, so I'll check back later on this afternoon to see if there's any interest...

2. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    What does it run per channel at 4 Ohms?

3. Justice

Justice

May 24, 2002
    Houston TX.
    EP1500 does 280/side @ 8ohms, 450/side @ 4ohms, 700/side @ 2 ohms.

800 watts bridged mono into 8 Ohms
    1400 watts bridged mono into 4 Ohms (how I run mine)

fellow texan bump. :)

4. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    Then don't buy it. He has the right to ask what he wants for it.

5. Don't break the forum rules, please. Edit that- he can ask what he likes.

6. notabob

notabob

Sep 20, 2003
    cincinnati ohio
    i may be interested in the preamp. i will need to see some pictures first, and maybe some more info...i am not familiar with IVP.

7. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    I owned an IVP once and they are sweet, vintage-sounding preamps. Phil Lesh used one in the 70s and they are well-built pres.

8. Bassic83

Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    Thanks for the bumpage! And this amp was only used for 6 gigs. I'll try to get some pics up today.

9. Bassic83

Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    Deal pending on the pre and amp together...anyone want the Squier?

10. eli

eli Mad showoff 7-stringer and Wish lover Supporting Member

Dec 12, 1999
    NW suburban Chicago
    With case?

11. Bassic83

Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    It's in a gig bag. No hardshell was available when I bought it. It's in good shape, though.

12. Bassic83

Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
  13. Tecx

Tecx Radio Rock Leads To Sterility

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    Please tell me you still have that IVP??? PLEASE!!!

Alex

14. Bassic83

Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    Nope, it sold, and I forgot to post it here in the thread. Sorry. Went to a fellow TBer...

15. Bassic83

Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    Squier 5 still up for grabs. Power amp & pre are sold.