power cord

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by BassTerd, Dec 25, 2017.

1. BassTerd

BassTerd

Aug 15, 2002
    Los Angeles
  2. Add a 10-15 ft. or whatever, extension cord to the one you have?
    Ether before the split, or on the one side after the split?
    Or both?

Merry Christmas everyone.

3. beans-on-toast

beans-on-toast

Aug 7, 2008
  4. BassTerd

BassTerd

Aug 15, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Yea, I was just wanting a one cord solution

5. You could roll you're own in most cases from what you find at the hardware store. Though while you might be able to double up cables if you used the right/good quality AC connectors. The good stuff will cost more than buying the extension cords, be more work, and may not function as well. Use quality parts rated for the service, and do good work, and you should be OK. However, someone doing this who's a "hacktrician", then good luck to them and anyone around them.

6. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Commercial User

Feb 20, 2009
    alpha-music.com
    if that one cord is some kind of specialized splitter cable then you have something that's prone to mechanical failure at the split and hard to find a quick replacement for, not ideal for gigging.

plain ordinary cables with regular plugs on the ends is the smart way to go. a longish extension with multiple outlets on the end to get you from the wall to where you are, then a cable for the amp and whatever's powering the compressor.

you'll likely run into plenty of situations where having a spare outlet or two by you makes the gig go better, like say you want a fan or you add a pedal or you want to run a light or the guitar player needs an outlet at the last minute.

Old Garage-Bander likes this.
  7. BassTerd

BassTerd

Aug 15, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Yea your right. I just like hacking and customizing things. I'll shut up now.

walterw likes this.