1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Power Supplies

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by grumpy_dog666, Apr 25, 2010.

1. I've recently overhauled my effects board, and am looking at getting a new power supply.

In Australia, it seems the two popular choices are the T-Rex Fuel Tank (or one of its variants) or the Voodoo Pedal Power 2 Plus.

From what I can tell, the Fuel Tank Classic has 8 non individually isolated 9v ports, the junior has 5 isolated 9v ports, and the Juicy Lucy has 5 isolated 12v ports.....those are the main differences. the Voodoo has a mix of everything. Is that right?

What I want to know is which one (or other) do you have and why did you chose it.

I'll be running 6x9v pedals, but the current some of them use means i can daisy chain if needed so the junior so far will best fit my needs......

2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    The Fuel Tank Jr. will probably be your best bet. It has isolated outlets, it's not too expensive, it's good quality, and as long as your pedals don't draw a ton of current, it'll cover you.

You'll want to search ;) on "power" or "supply" because there's a lot to read. When selecting a power supply, pay careful attention to the amount of current needed vs. available, the polarity of the connectors for your specific pedals, and AC vs. DC (you'd be surprised how often somebody overlooks one pedal needing AC).