1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Predicament...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Unrepresented, Jul 22, 2008.

1. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive

Jul 1, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    So, this morning when taking my morning squirt I noticed the largest spider I've ever seen inside our apartment.

The girlfriend agreed. She described it as "not as friendly" as the other spiders we typically have. Clearly a different breed and such.

We're normally against killing spiders and such, and we were actually pleased, since it looks like nature had sent in reinforcements to finally confront the cockroach invasion we've been having of late, so we let it crawl away and do its bidness.

However, now I have to bust a numero dos, and that involves putting my backside to the last known giant "not so friendly" spider whereabouts and without my water cannon-like defense at the ready, which I had in my first encounter.

I know enough about MMA not to give up my back, especially to a powerful adversary.

Thoughts?

2. chain mail underwear

3. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    "the reverse kanga"

Careful, it can get messy.

4. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    You my friend have never met New Jersey centipedes. They make spiders looks like those little fluffy balls of fuzz sold back in the 80's that had the little antenna, adhesive big feet and cute bobbly eyes..what the hell were they called? woozles? weebles? Something like that..whatever, you get the idea. Now where the heck was I? oh yeah, back to work

5. Unrepresented

Jul 1, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Sounds like chafe city.
    The reversed legroom in our toilet alcove is worse than that of the girlfriend's old Saturn.
    Are they as creepy as house centipedes?

[​IMG]

We ran into one of those at our hotel room in Nashville and we still wake up with chills.

:shiver:

6. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    [​IMG]

We ran into one of those at our hotel room in Nashville and we still wake up with chills.

:shiver:[/QUOTE]

Yes, those are the evil b*stards!. My cat eats them.
    You smash them with a boot heel and the legs twitch and jerk amongst a pile of goo for about 15 mins afterwards. They're alien I tells ya. But try dropping a deuce in a basement bathroom full of 'em. You need to wear a damn flame-thrower to feel safe.

7. ryco

ryco

Apr 24, 2005
    Why not throw 'em outside?

just an idea... :atoz:

8. Unrepresented

Jul 1, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    I did throw the Nashvillian one outside, them things is quick though. And it took a team effort to keep it from crawling up my arm when being removed.

9. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    1) they break the sound barrier when they start running
    2) they bite
    3) they're ugly and I'm not touching that thing
    4) they prefer cool, damp places which means they'll be back in your basement in a day
    5) my cat needs the exercise
    6) I'll scream like a little girl, then collapse into a quivering mass of shame if that thing so much as pokes me with a single leg

10. Barfly

Barfly

Dec 27, 2000
    GTA, Canada
    We have those in the house. We call them "Thousand Leggers". Had one fall out of a hat I was about to put on, once. Not a good time.

11. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    no pic, no spider

12. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I think you're safe. The fumes will drive him out.

13. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    I hate spiders....

And you Americans have these monsters!!!

14. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Sweet Jesus...

15. MoD_Scotty

MoD_Scotty

Jul 22, 2007
    Thrapston, UK
    Yeah, had those in the old house I was renting a couple years ago. DISGUSTING. I'm so glad I live in a new house now.

16. A cockroach invasion is usually due to a significant amount of cockroach food (read: trash) being present in the vicinity. Could there be an excessive amount of trash around either your pad or your neighbors'?

While I am just as fascinated by nature as the next guy, I'd rather observe it via TV than in my throne room.

Eliminating the cockroach-friendly environment (read: remove trash and/or encourage neighbors to do the same) may be a more appealing solution, albeit a less "Nature Channel-esque" one.

:p

17. Unrepresented

Jul 1, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    We don't have the house centipedes out here on the west coast, only time I've ever seen one was out in Nashville.
    Yeah, they're maaad quick too.
    Yeah, we've been making it a point to stay on top of cleaning to try and eliminate the food source, but realistically, it doesn't take a whole lot of food to satisfy a cockroach. We think it has something to do with the apartment next to us having been revamped inbetween tenants, we suddenly had a mouse problem last time they did some renovations.

18. Horny Toad

Horny Toad Guest

Mar 4, 2005
    NJ
  19. Phantopeth

Phantopeth

Jan 10, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    I think I threw a pic of one of these guys up here just a week ago. They are seriously creepy.

Having a don't kill spiders policy is all well and good until they make what should be a (hopefully :ninja:) relaxing part of your day more tense. I say away with the bugger! Poo in peace!

20. Phantopeth

Phantopeth

Jan 10, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    NO

I may not sleep for weeks after seeing that, I could only get through 15 seconds of it. That was truely frightening!

And this is coming from a guy who regularly feeds a python live mice!

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 6, 2021