Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

"Private Messages Full" when they're really not

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by SuperDuck, Jan 27, 2006.

1. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Hi Paul-

I PM'ed another TB'er about a classified ad and he had to post in the thread as a response because he got a message that my inbox was full. I checked and it said (at the time, I cleared out a little space since then) that I only had 90 messages out of 500 allowed.

Not a huge deal, but I figgered you might be interested to know.

2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I had to edit a post last night and I got the box full sending to the offender. Anyway for Mods to override the limit?

Superduck: How many "sent" PMs do you have saved?

3. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Like, 20. I typically don't save my sent PM's. I had 90 messages in my box total, including sent items.

4. SteveC

SteveC Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    I don't think I've ever had more than 5 in my box. I must not be as popular. I do clean mine out almost immediately after I read and respond.

5. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    Perhaps the user mixed up and PM'ed someone else instead? There are no known such bugs with VBulletin (our forum software)... I just sent a PM to you that appears to have been sent fine...

6. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    Sorry, not possible. If the user does not have email contact enabled and their PM box bounces, don't worry about it - it's the user's responsibility to make themselves available to communication if they want to know why they've been edited. If you need to warn a user of a pending ban etc., and can't make contact, let me know and I can put you through.

7. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Maybe he accidentally sent a PM to SuperChuck. :D