1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Problem monitoring when recording HELP!!

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Sptz, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Sptz

Sptz

Apr 18, 2004
    Hey, I'm in real trouble, I need to start a project for college and I have some recording and mixing to do, but the problem is this, I have a m-audio fast track pro and a pair of m-audio bx5a monitors connected with analog jacks to the FTP.. So basically on Cubase or Nuendo I can't hear myself, I checked all prferences, and yes the monitor button is on obviously... but when I record it does record... but I can't hear my self play... and on the left when a track is selected there is a "In" and "Out" and on the "In" it says "M-audio stereo in" and on the "Out" "M-audio stereo out" ... but I'm not using stereo... this is absurd, I can't change it to what I want... and the track created is mono, I tried stereo and nothing...

Please help.. I'm desperate.. thanks!

2. Sptz

Sptz

Apr 18, 2004
    Bump... please!! it's quite urgent :(

3. elpezpr

elpezpr

Feb 7, 2008
    PR
    The input should be mono. The output should be stereo because you will hear the bass on both sides. You allready recorded something so you know it's not on the input. The problem is the output(I think). I am not familiar with your setup but it sounds like you have a configuration conflict. There should be a option called "auto input" or something similar to that name that needs to be engaged. I could also be that you need to set up your software to regcognize the interface in/outs.

4. stranger0

stranger0

May 10, 2007
    wait...mac or pc?

Make sure I have this right
    - you can record
    - Can you hear yourself on playback?
    - you can't hear yourself while recording

Maybe a preference is messed up that or the wrong channel is selected in the recording program to monitor maybe?

5. Doesn't the Fast Track Pro have hardware monitoring? Why don't you just use that?

6. stranger0

stranger0

May 10, 2007
    It does actually, works damn well under windows but you need to monitor what you're doing through the program.

7. im using acid 4 with upgraded soundcard. i has the same problem and fixed it by double clicking the speaker volume icon in my taskbar and unmuting the headphone out. then i had to balance all my levels for mic lines ect. -joe p

8. stranger0

stranger0

May 10, 2007
    lol

it was muted?