Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Promote website?

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Norwegianwood, Jan 27, 2004.

1. My band has finally gotten itself a website:

www.aporia.no

What do you think about it? You probably don't understand anything, but do you like the design?

What I wondered, though, was if you have any suggestions on how to promote our website? Is there any places to register or so on, to make it more well known? What do you do?
    Thanks in advance.

2. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Well, you certainly have started by mentioning
    it here, cleverly disguised as a band management
    promotion question. Well done! Put it in your
    signature as well.

I can read it, as Norwegian is similar to
    Icelandic in writing, enough so I can puzzle it out.

I think having the next screen come up as a 'popup', instead of another page is not so good. It came up about 1/3 of the screen too far to the right. It would be better as a maximized
    page.

I like the design elemnets, keyboard and controls, that is clever. A link to a third page offering a translation in English would of course widen your exposure.

I can't offer you advice on registry, other than having all you friends hit google with searches
    for your band and clicking on your site.

Nice job!

3. Lol, you got me there! :)
    Thanks for the feedback.

4. wulf

wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    Nice design - I'm often not a fan of Flash based sites but this one seems to make pretty good use of the technology.

To promote it, the best thing to do is just to mention it a lot - for example, include it in the signature on all the discussion boards you frequent, add it to your email signature, mention it at gigs, put it on your flyers, etc, etc. If you can get other people to put links on their website that will also help.

Many search engines also have an area where you can register your site - check out the help section on the search engines you commonly use.

Wulf

5. Thanks for the feedback, yeah I'll check the search eninges out.

And btw: there isn't used any flash technology what so ever on the design. But everyone says that they like the site, though not the usage of flash:) The animation is just simple gifs.

6. wulf

wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    So they are! In that case, the gif animation has been very smoothly done.

Very nice :D

Wulf