Protools question

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Hobbes, Jan 23, 2004.

1. Don't know how many protools users there are on this forum, but here goes:

Me and my mate are setting up a studio. At the minute we both use Digi001. Does anyone know whether you can hook up both hardware interfaces to one host system to give 16 i/o? He's been told that you can do this, and we can easily try it out, I just thought I'd post on here quickly to see if anyone knew.

Also, should this be alright to do, if we wanted to add another interface, does anyone know if you can use a Digi002 interface in conjunction with Digi001 interfaces, or do they have to be the same?

Thanks in advance if anyone can offer input.
  2. Droog

Aug 14, 2003
    No, you can link up multiple 001's. Sounds like something a Banjo Center salesman would say. I doubt you could use a 002 in conjunction as well, though its more likely, but I highly doubt Digidesign would make it possible. The reason I don't think it will work is because the Pro Tools LE software is not configured for multiple interfaces. If you go to your hardwar setup, or I/O configuration you will see that there is no indication of being able to add additional hardware.

Your best bet to get those additional 8 i/o is to either get an outboard 8 channel pre amp that has ADAT light pipe out, or you could just get a used ADAT machine and use it for a converter.