1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

punched the ticket

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by yodedude2, May 15, 2011.

1. yodedude2

yodedude2 Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2005
    san antonio, texas
    hi y'all, i bought a bass today. a real bass. my first real bass ever. i'm so excited, and i just can't hide it!

100_0892.

it's an englehardt, ca. 2000. the sticker inside is torn so i don't know the model name. thanks, ron

2. TroyK

TroyK Moderator Staff Member

Mar 14, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    Congrats, Ron.

Don't be afraid to use that endpin.

3. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
    Congrats! Let out the endpin and try to get the nut up around your eyebrow level. Also, not sure if it's the lighting but the silk on your strings looks like it's going over the bridge.

4. RickeyC

RickeyC

Jan 17, 2011
    Arkansas
    That's pretty! Congrats!

5. punkozuna

punkozuna

Mar 19, 2011
    Irrigon, Oregon
    Congrats on the bass! Gamba shaped Engelhardts are EC-1s. With ebony FBs they're EG-1s. Blonde gambas with ebony fingerboards are EG-9s.

6. yodedude2

yodedude2 Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2005
    san antonio, texas
    thanks for the good advice and the model information. EC-1! hooray! (the fretboard has the appearance of darkened wood and not ebony.)

the thumbscrew that holds the endpin in place has frozen. i'm going to loosen it with wd-40 or something similar over the next few days.

the previous owner told me the strings were 'supernils'. thanks all, ron