1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

QSC 1622 Poweramp / Preamp Info

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by brendio13, Feb 4, 2018.

1. brendio13

brendio13

Nov 24, 2009
    Melbourne, AUS
    Hey All,
    Long Long Long time thread stalker, first time poster.

I have am putting together a somewhat "budget" rig for some home use and also a few gigs a year. I know i have been trawling the second hand market and have come up with a few items so far.

I have gone with the Preamp/Power option as i have a home theater at home which has just had an upgrade to one of the power amp and i would like to use it for the bass (saving $$)

It is a QSC DCA1622 (running Bridged 8ohms) into a Behringer bb210 600watt 8 ohms cab (i know there cheap but only cost me $50AUD).

now due to reading lots and lots of threads on here i am wanting to make sure i am getting a preamp that will provide the right input for the poweramp.

at this point of time i have a Ashdown Hyperdown - Nux Ampforce - Toms line Matchbox DI. running into the PA. it sounds good and clean, for a cheap setup i am surprised. but lack a bit of volume.
    Could this be due to the low output of the pedals?

would the 20db+ on the DI help (it makes it louder, just not sure if its the right thing to do)

I am looking for a preamp panel that i could use but not really keen on the sans amps, as i see thats what is always recommend.

or can i use what i have but just fine tune?

any help would be good

2. brendio13

brendio13

Nov 24, 2009
    Melbourne, AUS
    ?? no help

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 27, 2021