Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

QSC and Behringer

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by qed, Oct 2, 2004.

1. qed

qed

Oct 2, 2004
    Although I am a new member on Talk Bass, I have been reading the amp forum quite a bit while researching the purchase of a new amp. I came very close to buying the Behringer EP1500. Every review I read on the net ranted and raved about it. That is until I came across some of the posts by Bob Lee. I just bought the QSC RMX 1450. For me it was an ethical issue. Sure the QSC cost 33% more than the Behringer, but R&D is not free. If we don't support the real engineers, who will? Just my opinion.

2. Lyle Caldwell

Lyle Caldwell

Sep 7, 2004
    Memphis
    That's Behringer's business model in action. I won't buy anything they make, as they have habitually stolen other companies' ideas. Not just concepts, but actual schematics and layouts.

In addition to the lack of ethics, they make cheaper versions of products that are already very inexpensive. How do they do it? If you look inside, you'll find cheap flimsy parts that just aren't suitable for long use, especially if the gear is transported.

3. Th9nker

Th9nker

Mar 18, 2002
    Yep, I'm the same way... won't buy behringer, won't shop at Wal-Mart....

My damn ethics are gonna land me in the poor-house...

4. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Look at the bright side...buying fewer, but higher quality things prevents you from being be burried in clutter!

5. Th9nker

Th9nker

Mar 18, 2002
    "Look at the bright side...buying fewer, but higher quality things prevents you from being be burried in clutter!"

Yeah, sometimes I buy organic produce for exactly the same reason... It costs a lot more, hence, I never let it go bad... I can't tell you how many times I have bought a big bag of discount apples only to let half of them rot...

oh yeah, what were we talkng about again?

crap, here comes another Behriger squabble.... RUN!!!!

6. qed

qed

Oct 2, 2004
    Didn't mean to start trouble on my first day. Just voicing my opinion. I won't even start on the Wal-Mart thing.

7. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    AGAIN?

You've already had popcorn the day before yesterday's (was it? I dont remember...) Behringer thread

Gee I miss Treena's smilies - always different and funny :cool:

8. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    I never flip-flop and I like corn.:p:D
    (I miss her smilies, too)

9. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Yes, but the QSC is 166% higher quality than the B amp.

10. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX

166.5%

11. Wademeister63

Wademeister63

Aug 30, 2004
    Denton Tx
    I didn't know the B and Q had a thing going on like that.

Funny, about two weeks ago I bought a Behringer BX3000T head from GC and returned it since I didn't like it when I cranked it up. Now I have a Bmax with a QSC RMX1450 and love it. Northern Sound and Light ROCKS MY SOCKS, saved me about $150.00 from GC prices considering lower sale price, free shipping and no sales tax.

12. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
  13. I hear ya. I just bought my first tree in the rain forrest so I can harvets my own rosewood for my next bass. Only problem is it takes forever to walk down there (bare foot). :rolleyes:

14. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    I must have missed that thread about Behringer stealing from other companies. Off to the Search page...