Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

QSC power amps

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by product 14, Jan 10, 2004.

1. Are they reliable, Do they sound good?

I was thinking about getting a plx3002

2. You will find that everyone here seems to love the qsc plx's. I don't own one, but am planning on buying a plx 3402 soon.

3. I love my PLX3002... lightweight, competitively priced, reliable (so far), appropriate filter and limiter settings, tons of power, plus we get the added value of Bob Lee - the lonely Maytag (tm) repairman of the amplifier world.

4. Schwinn

Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    The primary reason I have a QSC amp is because of Bob's helpfulness and accessibility in this forum. Also, QSCs appear really well built to me and have nice features. Go for it...

5. Sufenta

Sufenta Trudging The Happy Road of Destiny

Mar 14, 2002
    The Signpost Up Ahead.
    Do it.......do it NOW!

6. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    Yes.
    Yes.

There are a lot of people on TB using QSC amps; the vast majority are very happy with them.

Bob Lee is a fellow TBer who works for QSC and offers great advice & support.

7. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    I've had good luck with a PLX 1602. Weight is not bad, either.

8. TimmyP

TimmyP

Nov 4, 2003
    Indianapolis, IN
    The PLX are very good amps. If you have a chance, compare the QSC to a Crown K1. The K1 is the best sounding of the amps I have compared, but I have not had a chance to compare it against a QSC.

9. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    I have a QSC PLX2402 that I am very happy with. As far as reliability, I don't think you can beat QSC. I have a few friends with QSCs and I haven't heard a single complaint from any of them.

10. I own a PLX1202 and two PLX3002. Outstanding amps.

11. TheTurtle

TheTurtle Guest

Nov 13, 2003
    Does this amp have a switch or the possibility to change to European tension (220v) ?

12. I just looked it up on the qsc manual and it says to use the voltage that is on the serial number. So I assume it comes as either 220v or 110v.

13. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    are the rmx AS reliable and good sounding?

14. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    I've had a PLX 1602 for about a year now.
    Light weight
    Bullet proof (so far)
    Sounds great.
    I love it.

15. Schwinn

Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    I think so. I had one for awhile and never had a single problem. I only upgraded to the PLX for less weight. Most people say that the PLX fan is quieter than the RMX. But I actually found the opposite when in front of both amps. Oh, and the RMX amp sounded every bit as good to me.

It's totally a weight vs. cost issue with these two models.

16. KB

KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    How is the Fan noise on the QSC PLX amps? is it loud? is it defeatable? I have an older 1000W carvin power amp in my PA setup and the fan noise on it is fairly loud.

-KB

17. Schwinn

Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    Fan sound isn't bad at all, I don't even notice it while I play. It's certainly not noticeable in the band. No, the fan is not defeatable. There was only one guy I can think of that complained about fan noise on a PLX and he was using it as his bedroom practice amp. But most people don't even notice it.

18. amos

amos

Oct 23, 2003
    SE Portland Oregon
    the fan noise is nill

19. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    Yep I'll go along with that. I mean when I'm using a 1600 watt amp in my bedroom the fan really bugs me too.:D

Just in case anyone missed the sarcasm, it's there

20. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    I've got a PL 1.8.

You can't go wrong with a QSC.