1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Submission Quadron - Average Fruit

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by Jloch86, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Jloch86

Jloch86

Aug 1, 2016
    New Jersey
    Awesome song from an awesome album. Beautiful string section on this one, especially at the end when combined with Coco's voice.

Attached Files:

Whousedtoplay likes this.
  2. Jloch86

Jloch86

Aug 1, 2016
    New Jersey
    Pure screw up on my part. That Bb should be staccato. I just missed it before finalizing it. Keen eye you got there.

To address why it's notated differently with the tabs, and since you carefully examine these transcriptions, I finally have a reason to explain that Guitar Pro COMPLETELY DESTROYS any articulation or style instructions from my painstaking efforts to notate a song correctly. When I import the notation into Guitar Pro, it screws up key signatures, triplets, staccatos and tenutos, ties, time signatures, you name it. For me to match up the tab notation with the regular notation would take at least another hour of tedious work. I usually just fix the glaring issues and move on.

This is why the tablature should only be used for fingerings, because that's exactly how I'm playing it in the video. Most players who use tab couldn't care less about note durations and phrasing directions anyway. They just want to know where to put their fingers. If you look at the other songs I've worked on and compare the tab notation with the standard notation, you'll see that almost never do they match.

The best reference for what notes to play and HOW to play them will always be the standard notation. The standard notation is the foundation.

As far as that sixteenth note you hear, I don't hear it. I obsess over playing every single note correctly for you guys. That I can guarantee you. I might screw up the notation every now and then but not the notes I play. Whatever you're hearing must be coming from one of the other instrument tracks, synths or strings... maybe drums?

A thousand thanks for pointing these out to me. Of the infinite amount of things you could be doing with your time, it means a lot to me. Thanks, man.