Quality issues with Line6?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by dancrocker, Feb 19, 2010.

1. dancrocker

dancrocker

May 18, 2009
    I ordered and received a POD X3 yesterday. It arrived to my house broken. I boxed it up and returned it for a refund (as opposed to a replacement). This brought back bad memories of when I bought their XDS-PLUS wireless system. The first one I received was also broken. The replacement is still giving me problems.

I've seen lots of good things said about Line6 products but my personal experience indicates they don't have quality under control. It's really frustrating. Am I the only one having this experience or are Line6 products known for quality problems like this? I'm very hesitant to buy any more Line6 products.

2. ItsMichaelYeah

ItsMichaelYeah

Jun 4, 2008
    Miami,FL
    I bought a line6 dl4 about a year and a half ago. It lock up after using it for 4 hours I returned it and got mxr carbon copy. I'm the only person I personally know that had an issue with the dl4 everyone else has there's and they still work perfectly. I think you might just have some kind of bad luck.

3. RichSnyder

RichSnyder Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    I've had a POD 2.0, Bass POD, Bass POD Pro, Bass POD XT, Bass POD XT Pro, POD XT, POD X3, DL4, Variax Bass, Lowdown Studio and M13. No problems whatsoever. Actually, that's not 100% true. I did have an issue with the Variax Bass when I sold it. It arrived DOA. Fortunately the person that bought it lived a few miles from a Line 6 service center. Turns out that the ribbon that connects the bridge to the CPU worked lose in transit. So, I had a minor issue caused by UPS.

4. I was also sceptical about quality issues with the x3 live having heard some horror stories about the foot pedals breaking. However I read that they had changed them in new ones so I bit the bullet and got one. 6 months hard gigging and I've not had a problem touch wood! My personal opinion is they have to be looked at as a budget manufacturer, they build products to a budget and so will always have quality issues unfortunately people generally post reviews of bad experiences on the net but if the failure rate was that high compared to the number sold they'd be broke by now. Sorry to hear you've had a bad one I really like my x3 infact it replaced an Axe FX Ultra! As I have found it more usable for bass live and the guitar stuff i only really need for home. No doubt the Axe is a much finer piece of kit but I could buy nearly 6 x3's for the price of it

5. scotch

scotch It's not rocket science!

Nov 12, 2006
    Albany, NY USA
    Please see Profile for Endorsement disclosures
    I've had no problems with any of the Line6 products I've bought, including:

Original BassPOD
    POD X3
    LowDown 150
    FBV Express Pedal

All have worked perfectly for me!

6. No problem with my DL4 (10 years old), but the treadle on my BOD Live works only about 1/3 of the time (the other 2/3rds it is on max and effects nothing).

So my experience is 50/50.

7. pnut166

pnut166

Jun 5, 2008
    alabama
    I`ve owned an LD150 and a Spider II guitar amp. They have both been outstanding. The LD150 looks like it fell off the back of a truck and it still works perfectly.

8. wonderjosh

wonderjosh

Nov 19, 2009
    Fort Worth, TX
    I've had my POD X3 Live for a year now. It's been flawless. :)

9. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    I bought a line 6 bass floor pod about a month ago and so far I had no issues with it. I dig the sounds on this bass modeling processor. sounds better than the rocktron utopia b100.

10. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2008
    Colorado
    I disclose nothing
    I have been using my bass pod 1 for about 10 years with no problems.

11. Jonyak

Jonyak

Oct 2, 2007
    Ottawa, Ont
    I had to send back my new M9 as it stopped working after turning it on.

12. I've been using a Bass Pod Pro and power amp as my main rig (with a busy gig schedule) for around 6 years now. No problems at all.

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 16, 2021