1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Question about Sennheiser e609 Silver Dynamic Instrument Microphone

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by LowNloud1, Mar 11, 2018.

1. LowNloud1

LowNloud1 Commercial User

Jun 11, 2012
    Wilmington NC
    I am a hobbyist making stone picks that I occasionally sell but mostly give away. They made me do this anyways.
    Does anyone know the size of the shaft if I wanted to use these with a clip on a mic stand instead of just hanging it in front of the speaker cab? If you have one, can you please measure it, preferably in mm's?

2. derrico1

derrico1 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2005
    Charlottesville, VA
    Senn's e-series runs from 19-22 mm. The standard Sennheiser clip for those mics is the Sennheiser MZQ100.

BTW, I really like the AmpClamp instead of a mic stand or hanging the mic over the cab—packs down tiny, and puts the mic in the same spot every time.

3. LowNloud1

LowNloud1 Commercial User

Jun 11, 2012
    Wilmington NC
    I am a hobbyist making stone picks that I occasionally sell but mostly give away. They made me do this anyways.
    Fantastic! Thank you. I like the AmpClamp option. It's a lot easier to set up and lighter than a floor stand.