1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

question about Traynor bass head and ohms?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by JazzbassJenks, Jan 5, 2012.

1. JazzbassJenks

JazzbassJenks

Jan 5, 2012
    Hi, so i have a new Traynor dynabass 400h on layaway, and its 400 watts at 4 ohms, 4 ohms minimum impedence, but i cant find anywhere what the wattage is through 8 ohms, does anyone know what it is or how i can figure it out? thank you :)

2. Rick Auricchio

Rick Auricchio Registered Bass Offender

I just looked at the manual at Traynor's web site (shocking idea), and they say 250w at 8 ohms.

3. capncal

capncal

Apr 14, 2009
    that is a sweet, sweet amp. i rented one when my Ashdown Mag 300 crapped out. i do have to say i think i like the overall tone of my Ashdown better, but the Traynor is most def LOUDER! and it's crisp and clear and ballsy!

the distortion channel is a bit, not excellent. but it's still pretty new with me so i'll tweak on it some. what really intrigues me about this amp is the effect blend that's built in. pretty cool.

4. jkingbass

jkingbass

Sep 20, 2012
    Ireland
    nice amp! if you had 2x 8 ohm cabs connected to it that would equal 4 ohms, so you could have the same volume as the 4 ohm cab with the possibility of more headroom if you like a clean tone

5. Yeah, I really like these amps too, in either the 400 or 800 versions (the 300 is a different preamp). I really wish they had this preamp in a micro - the only thing that keeps me from picking one of these up and loving it forever is how much they weigh!

Traynor gear is ridiculously underrated, and as a result inexpensive too. Definitely get the amp - you won't regret it.

6. Alex1984

Alex1984

Jan 16, 2010
    Vancouver
    Excellent head. Traynor is indeed very underrated, I'm pretty impressed by their YBA-300.