1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Question for ebs valvedrive users

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Crystalman85, Nov 4, 2013.

1. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    I have a question for those who owns an ebs valvedrive and this is an experimental question. I know this pedal has an actual tube that gives the pedal a warm tube sound and I was wondering. what would happen if you place a high-gain tube on that pedal? would it create a completely different sound like a high-gained distortion sound? I don't own this pedal, but this is something I like to ask out of curiosity.

2. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    Anyone?

3. DirtyDuke

DirtyDuke Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 13, 2012
    guelph ontario
    Partner Southampton Pedals, Partner CCP
    Not sure about the EBS but I have had a blue tube and a Myco Three and have tried just about every tube I could find. Each gives the pedal a different color so to speak, warmer, smoother, more distortion etc.

Assuming you replace it with the same style tube, 12 pins, 9 pins etc.

Duke

4. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    Okay...thanks for the info.

5. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    I tried different tubes with the EBS with little change in tone that's why I sold it now the Blue Tube reacts very well to different tubes.

6. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    Did it create a high-gain distortion sound when you use different tubes? particulary the high-gain tubes. I would of imagine that it would of created a high-gain tube-like distortion sound like a t.c electronic dark matter or a digitech hardwire sc-2 valve distortion.

7. Dave W

Dave W

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    In my experience with the ValveDrive, the tube didn't really do anything for the tone of the pedal. It just looked cool.

8. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    So they don't make a big difference then, huh...okay I would of thought that putting a different tube in an ebs valvedrive would give the pedal a different sound. thanks for the info.