1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Question for headless builders.

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Lo end PUNCH, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Lo end PUNCH

Lo end PUNCH

Jan 28, 2005
    Racine,Wi
    Has the tuners become easier to get now? I have seen some but they are super expensive like $60.00 per tuner, I know of the Bunker models but dont know of their availability.

2. renniw

renniw

Nov 30, 2004
    Lévis (Québec)
    60.00 per tuner is the "standard" price i've seen almost everywhere.

Some places, you'll save 2$, others will cost 2$ more, but headless hardware is expensive everywhere....

3. Hi.

When I did this:

-87headless.

back in the 80's there were none to be bought, exept for Steinberger originals of course, but those were super expensive and rare.

I'd just feel glad that they're available in the first place. Unless You don't want to pay the price, DIY is always a possibility. There's a really good tutorial somewhere in TB, if I have the time, I'll look it up.

Regards
    Sam

4. Hello does anyone have a tech drawing or diagram for my Steinberger bass Jaw ? its the part that pulls the string in tune ,I will bring it to a machine shop, the ones Ed Roman sells are brittle and expensive, so I've decided to do it myself to use my XP2 Steinberger. Or are there any do it yourself tutorials about this? Thanks
    Bon Ruiz
    Philippines

5. MPU

MPU

Sep 21, 2004
    Valkeala Finland
    Hi Loend,
    I may have four individual ABM bridge/tuners in chrome for sale. PM if interested.
    Marko

6. Hi, Bon.

With a quick glance I couldn't find this "pictorial" by scottyd in the Tutorials sticky, but I'm pretty sure it's there somewhere ;).

Regards
    Sam

7. Lo end PUNCH

Lo end PUNCH

Jan 28, 2005
    Racine,Wi
    Hey thats kinda cool. The headles assemblies for 4 strings a re readily available pretty much everywhere, even on EBAY but I dont play 4's and rarely 5's so I'd need the individual units.

8. Thanks T Bird / Sam ,that tech drawing was a lot of help,I can use this to guide my machinist,next time, I will let you know as soon I appy this principle.
    Thanks very much,
    Bon Ruiz