1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Question for Rev Solo II owners...

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by Proton Lenny, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Proton Lenny

Proton Lenny Supporting Member

Apr 24, 2006
    Portland Oregon
    I just got my Rev Solo II in the mail. Haven't tried to put it on the bass or anything yet. I was wondering though...is the output jack still able to be disconnected from the pickup for easy quick removal? If it is, I can't figure out how to disconnect it.

Thanks,

Proton

2. drurb

drurb Oracle, Ancient Order of Rass Hattur; Mem. #1, EPC

Apr 17, 2004
    No, the design was changed such that the pickup is now hard-wired to the barrel. I actually preferred the old design but I hear it was more prone to failure.

3. Proton Lenny

Proton Lenny Supporting Member

Apr 24, 2006
    Portland Oregon
    I see. That's what I figured. Oh well, I figure if I have to take it off, then I'll just have to loosen the G real quick.

Thanks.

4. I can't remember where I read it on here, but I took somebody's bright idea off the forum & I use a velcro cable tie to fasten my RSII to the tailpiece. I put a piece of PVC tubing around the barrel too, so it's not buzzing against the tailpiece, and I cinch the cable tie as tight as I can. I've never noticed any kind of problem with it. Then again, I just never really take the pickup off anyway.

Just thought I'd toss that idea into the ring for your consideration!

5. Jake deVilliers

Jake deVilliers Commercial User

May 24, 2006
    Crescent Beach, BC
    Owner of The Bass Spa, String Repairman at Long & McQuade Vancouver
    I just use a black zip tie to fasten the jack to the hole - then you can cut the tie to get the jack/pickup off.

6. Jake, I think what I'm doing is a take-off on your idea then. And a great idea at that! I wrap the velcro cable tie around through the D string hole in the tailpiece and it's good to go. Excellent idea.