Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

question on looping....

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by David Harrell, Jul 19, 2005.

1. A little while back, I decided I would get a loooper pedal to be able to switch between fretted and fretless. I ended up not getting the pedal becuase I never seem to play fretted anymore. However, I've run into something I would like to do. Problem is, I'm not sure if I understand it to be done in the way I would like.

Here's what I want to be able to do:

have one clean channel, and one effects channel. Instead of having to hit my chorus pedal, EQ pedal, etc.. when I need those effects, I would like to be able to switch between 2 channels (a/b, like the looper). Just make it simpler you know? A channel for clean, B channel for effects.

Can this be done with a looper, or am I thinking of something else?

2. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    yup..

Get a one-channel Loooper and and send all of the effects out of the loop. You don't need one of the A/B's

With the Loooper on, you have effects. With it off, you have by-pass.

3. The Nanny

The Nanny

Dec 23, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    you can do this with the Boss LS-2. Go from either clean, or effected, or you can control a mix of both at the same time.

4. Ok that makes sense. I hadn't even looked at the one-channel models.

Thanks bassman!

5. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    Yeah.. the Mirco's are tiny, and cost less than $40...

You can add a blend ferature for $15.00

6. Basstyra

Basstyra Commercial User

Apr 3, 2005
    France
    CTO @ Two notes Audio Engineering
    Take a Boss LS-2, you'll have a looper, plus volume control, boost, active blend, A/B/C box, mute, tuner mute, and so one in one single pedal, not even expensive (about 60$ if I'm not mistaken)!!