question on looping....

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by David Harrell, Jul 19, 2005.

1. A little while back, I decided I would get a loooper pedal to be able to switch between fretted and fretless. I ended up not getting the pedal becuase I never seem to play fretted anymore. However, I've run into something I would like to do. Problem is, I'm not sure if I understand it to be done in the way I would like.

Here's what I want to be able to do:

have one clean channel, and one effects channel. Instead of having to hit my chorus pedal, EQ pedal, etc.. when I need those effects, I would like to be able to switch between 2 channels (a/b, like the looper). Just make it simpler you know? A channel for clean, B channel for effects.

Can this be done with a looper, or am I thinking of something else?

2. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    yup..

Get a one-channel Loooper and and send all of the effects out of the loop. You don't need one of the A/B's

With the Loooper on, you have effects. With it off, you have by-pass.

3. The Nanny

The Nanny

Dec 23, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    you can do this with the Boss LS-2. Go from either clean, or effected, or you can control a mix of both at the same time.

4. Ok that makes sense. I hadn't even looked at the one-channel models.

Thanks bassman!

5. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    Yeah.. the Mirco's are tiny, and cost less than $40...

You can add a blend ferature for $15.00

6. Basstyra

Basstyra Commercial User

Apr 3, 2005
    France
    CTO @ Two notes Audio Engineering
    Take a Boss LS-2, you'll have a looper, plus volume control, boost, active blend, A/B/C box, mute, tuner mute, and so one in one single pedal, not even expensive (about 60$ if I'm not mistaken)!!