quick question about my strings..

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by slipkorn917, May 7, 2012.

1. slipkorn917

slipkorn917

Sep 6, 2010
    i have a 4 string and i've used drop A tuning many times before, but now the strings are way too loose and floppy and slap against the fretboard and rarely ring out a sound (except for the annoying sound that the string makes smacking the fretboard). according to my tuner it's in tune and everything. i was thinking maybe it could be because it's been so long since i've restrung my bass? i've already bought some new strings for it that i have to put on soon, but was wondering if it could possibly also be because my bass needs to be adjusted? thanks in advance

2. Sounds like you're using the wrong gauge of strings for the tuning you're using.

3. ixlramp

ixlramp

Jan 25, 2005
    UK
  4. darkstorm

darkstorm

Oct 13, 2009
    How long since you last adjusted the truss rod? What your describing could be truss rod needs adjusting from climate change. Or strings jsut getting too old. Since it worked fine before with the same strings on it.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 12, 2021