Rack effects replacing pedals suggestions

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by AThomas Bass, Aug 23, 2005.

1. AThomas Bass

AThomas Bass

Aug 22, 2005
    I'm currently in the process of switching from pedals to rack gear. I gig a lot and I'm sick of setting up/tearing down pedals all day. The final piece in the puzzle is for me to find a rack unit that has quality effects (chorus, delay, etc) that work for bass. An important component of that gear is that it have a true bypass so I don't have to trash my signal when I'm not using effects (which is most of the time). A unit with a built in tuner would be a bonus too.

Any thoughts? Would a bass pod pro work?

2. Budonze

Nov 2, 2000
    why not get a Midi switching station like the GCX or somehting and keep your pedals and just rack mount htem on a shelf?
  3. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Umm, pedalboard perhaps? Keep all the pedals you want and love, easier to switch, adjust and whatnot, and you can cut out the setup and teardown time if you have them semi-permanently wired and mounted to the board.
  4. JPrisus

Jun 8, 2005
    Nothing about rackmount gear is easier or more convenient than pedals. In fact, it's usually NOT as convenient or as easy as pedals in a good pedalboard. You're still running cables and a power supply, but now you've got the glory of MIDI footswitching and programming to worry about too. Add to that the fact that i have yet to hear a rackmount processor that comes close to a good personal collection of pedals.