1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Rack Tuner for a 5 String

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by aaronhutson, Apr 15, 2011.

1. So im looking for a good rack tuner. I play alot in Drp Bflat so I need one to handle the lows. My problem is that I dont have alot of cash and I also am looking to buy a Sansamp RBI. So can anyone tell me of a good rack tuner thats not too expensive. I found a behringer btr2000 i think it was, for $50 on CL. And if it works i'll do it. But I need to know if it will pick me up. Let me know what you think. And I know this isnt the classifieds but if you have one you would wanna sell you can PM me or Email. Thanks Guys!

2. gnjpowell

gnjpowell Inactive

Nov 12, 2010
    Concord, NH
    Bass & guitar tech, FOH sound, backline rentals
    I have a Korg DTR-1000 that I am very happy with. Some on ebay right now under $50.

3. DRafalske

DRafalske

Nov 6, 2008
    Hebron, KY
    I had a Behringer BTR2000. Not very good at picking up the low B. It will work, but tracks very, very slow and not very accurate.
    A used Korg will suit you MUCH better.

D

4. Does it pick up lows? Im mostly gonna be using it for my metal rig.

5. I have the Korg DTR-1000. Works great, tracks a low B just fine, maybe slightly slower picking it up compared to the other strings, but nothing to worry about. Its a real shame Korg discontinued these tuners, they are really great.

Theres also the DTR-2000, which is the next model up, it has more features, lights, etc, but if you dont need to extra features of the 2000 the 1000 will do you just fine.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 7, 2021