1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Randall RB500, any other users?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Goose55, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Hi,

Since some years I've got this 2nd hand Randall RB500. It sounds realy great! I'm surpriced that it's not known around here.
    I've omned and played a Carvin PB300 (mosfet), Hartke 5000 (tube/ss preamp, ss poweramp), Orange AD200B (fulltube) and now the Randall. This one is a tube preamp and mosfet poweramp. I was searching for this combi. A full tube wasn't tight in the lowend. And a mosfet is soundwise close to a tube amp.
    The RB500 has also a dirt channel, gritt from the tube!
    So, any others here?

2. hellfart

hellfart

Nov 18, 2008
    Belgium
    I have the RB750, bought it 2nd hand... great sounding amp. Balls! I guess it was never really popular. But for some reason there's a problem with the compressor/drive section... The moment I play loud, my sounds start to crack and disappears. Too bad, can't trust it anymore when rehearsing or playing live.

Had it checked up once, but didn't solve the problem. Switched to Kustom and now an Ampeg SVT7-Pro.