1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Random Question

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by voodoo92, May 10, 2010.

1. I was thinking the other day about everyone always wanting clean clear and crisp highs and bassy lows, but i think i would prefere dullish high and clear lows. Like the bridge pickup on a fender strat (sorry for the foul launguage :p) how is it slanted one way, would it work going the other way on a custom bass of some sorts, and would it sound good? I dont know if this has been done before i just have never seen it done. Is this weird at all???

2. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Sure, there have been basses with pups slanted like "bridge \\ neck" and also there's the "reverse P", which I happen to like a lot, where the EA coils are nearer the bridge and the DG coils are nearer the neck.

3. I mean as in soapbars or Jpups going in a reverse slant kinda. sadly i never was a fan on Ps