1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Randy Jackson Music Club?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Dr. Cheese, Mar 14, 2008.

1. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Has Anybody checked this out? I am curious becasue I know just how much ability Randy Jackson has, but I don't feel like spedning money on MOR American Idol crap with no cool basslines either.:rolleyes:

2. when i first saw him in that paula video.. i thought he was going to have some cool lines going on.. but it wasent that.. i want to see him surface more with his bass playing as he did in the past.

3. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

I have it (Industry connection :) ) It's a decent record but fits right in with todays commercial crap. Don't look for any basslines to cop if that's what you're looking for?!

4. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I wasn't expecting anything like his Jean Luc Ponty or Billy Cobham work, I was just hoping that it featured decent pop basslines with an occassional cool lick or two.

5. Tommy Preston

Tommy Preston

Apr 7, 2008
    Big props to Randy Jackson!! He backed Mariah Carey on "Idol" tonight .I thought it was in the pocket,just the right bottom and very tasty!I have read and heard of a lot of the people he has worked with, but this is the first time I saw him work and I was impressed w/ his maturity also...no showboating although I think he can probably slam if he wanted to.

6. fretlesswonder

fretlesswonder Supporting Member

Jul 26, 2006
    New Jersey
    Weak CD, no real good tunes, I thought he would come out with something much better, but look at his audience, they are not going to care about a bass playing...