1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Randy Moss RELEASED by Vikes?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Gard, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Ed Goode

Ed Goode Jersey to Georgia Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    Surprising .... but I'm not completely shocked ... like you said, he is the ultimate nut job :ninja:

Talent or no talent, he just isn't worth the effort ....

2. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Well Brad Childress is affraid to confront Favre, so I guess he had to jump on somebody.:bag:

Seriously, I don't know what's up, but if Moss is healthy, he will probably be picked up by a good team. I think the Jets should get him.:D Tennessee could use him too.

3. Well, I wouldn't want him on my team...but there are plenty of teams out there in need of a WR with skills that will put up with him.

I would have numbered the Vikes among them though.

:confused:

4. PSPookie

PSPookie

Aug 13, 2006
    Lubbock, TX
    I didn't think the Vikes really needed him in the first place, but this still seems strange to me. It makes me wonder if Moss knew this was comign and that was the reason behind his statements at the post-game yesterday.

5. what the...huh?

yeah, the vikes are...man, I never like soap operas

6. Actually with Sidney Rice out and Percy Harvin day-to-day with his health issues, it made some sense. However, THIS makes none at all.

Anyone know what Rice's status is? Is he back?

7. jp58

jp58

Dec 9, 2009
    Tennessee
    Rice is supposed to be back between weeks 9 and 12, depending on when he and his doctor thinks he can play. ESPN FFB says week 10 at the earliest though.

I think the Vikings are nuts for making this move. Why trade for him if you are going to cut him?

8. They gave up a #2 for him...and then CUT him?

:confused:

If I were a Vikes fan, I'd be P!$$3D right now....

9. hmm... wow... well, now the question is wheres the guy going? i dont see mr moss unemployed for much longer, but who really, really needs him? (considering the purported personality issues/whatever).

moss wont replace collie or austin, but the colts definitely need somebody... i think. if they get crushed tonight, who knows.

my only other thought is that the jets have already bought every big name with a price tag by it (minus peppers), so perhaps he can try to fit in with that crowd.

arizona...? hell, im lost, but at least he wont be back in oakland!

10. Big B.

Big B.

Dec 31, 2007
    Austin, TX
    This is crazy. Nut job or not a guy than can burn down the field like that and pull the ball out of the air like Moss can is right up Favres alley. I seem to remember that Favre was part of getting him to the Vikings. Toss it up and let'em have at it. Lets not forget that Moss set the NFL touchdown record just a few years ago?

I find myself wondering if this is a sign that they have given up on Favre and intend to truck on with Jackson.

11. SwitchGear

SwitchGear Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2005
    Wisconsin
    Moss is Favre's boy for sure and now that he's gone, the old man is probably on his way out the door in the near future.

12. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    I wonder if this has anything to do with Moss' post-game press conference, where he basically just talked about how much he loves and misses the guys from the Patriots. He didn't go so far to say he regretted being traded, but it's kinda akin to telling your new girlfriend how good-looking and fun your old girlfriend was.

13. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    What a circus in Mpls.

14. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Please keep him away from my New York teams!

15. sloasdaylight

sloasdaylight Banned

Feb 4, 2009
    Tampa, Florida, US
    What in the hell is going on in Minnesota?

16. I believe you could call it an implosion.

I can't stand the Vikes, and I really hate seeing this kind of crap.

17. sloasdaylight

sloasdaylight Banned

Feb 4, 2009
    Tampa, Florida, US
    I don't really have any feelings one way or the other about the Vikes. I like watching them play, and as a receiver, I always enjoyed watching Randy play, but this is just crazy.

18. Yeah, until the NFCCG last year, and all the crazy, baseless fingerpointing about how the Saints were "dirty", I was kinda "meh" about the Vikes...but their players, coaches, and fans are a bunch of whiners, and just irritate me.

Randy, very talented, but a total headcase of a human being. Loved watching him on the field, but off the field...I always felt he needed a keeper...

...he doesn't deserve this though. :meh:

19. ;)