Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Rant : Higher Education

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by i_got_a_mohawk, Nov 10, 2005.

1. [rant]
    Is it worth it? it ****ing better be, ive spent most of today in a library writing up conclusions and such to a number of practical classes, i have just finished the second of three (i have been working on these since ~10 am, it is currently 9:40pm) i have had a single half hour break for lunch and a nice nap on the bus home . . .

Each report thus far has been about 11-12 pages, and my head hurts, and there isnt enough coffee in the world . . . my BTB is crying, she needs played, my wrist hurts from writing, sod, i hate this, only a year left . . . **** . . . piss . . . **** . . . **** . . .

I should start my last one, i think it has to be in for 9am tomorrow . . . im not really sure, i think i might go into a corner and cry . . . goodnight

[/rant]

2. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    higher education = wind up workin' in a gas station

3. Naaaw, may just keep my pub job :)

4. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Right. :eyebrow:

5. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    How long have you known about the reports? When did you start on them?

6. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    If this is as a result of you procrastinating, its your own fault.

7. Kelly Coyle

Kelly Coyle Supporting Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Mankato, MN
    Well, pretty soon you'll have a day job, a family, and kids, and then you'll have plenty of time to play.

8. True, but today is the only day i have been able to do them, honest

We have known about them since the start of the semiester 7-8 weeks ago? thing is, both practicals only finished at the end of last week, and the control results were only availible from later on, on tuesday, and you can't do much with results if you dont have the controls to compare them too

So, i didnt put it off that long . . . (for a change)

And kelly, i think i'd be best not diluting the gene pool :smug:

9. alembic76407

alembic76407

Apr 29, 2004
    Oklahoma
    the most common thing said by a Art major is,

would you like to super size that?

stay in school !!!

10. mikemulcahy

mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    All those years of school and I'm still a logger.

Mike

11. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    This leads me to believe that you don't have a leg to stand on concerning your prediment.

12. Kelly Coyle

Kelly Coyle Supporting Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Mankato, MN
    Aww, and miss out on little mohawks? I hope not.

Good luck on the projects. I'm kind of in the same boat myself this week, although it is admittedly partly-to-mostly my own fault. Which is why I've logged record TalkBass hours the last couple of days -- sheer avoidance. I'll be up late tonight!

13. Shuttit you :spit:

:smug:

Haha, yeah, i tend to spend alot of time on here when im meant to be doing work too, i think im just going to forgo the punishment (-10% or -15% or something) and hand it in later tomorrow, spend the day working on it, try and come down off the coffee right now . . .

I can bet you all i will be on here in about 18 months time, ****ting it, and doing a 10,000 word dissertation on my hons project the night before its due :smug:

14. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    i think the only writing i'll ever have to do are lab reports and applications.

:cool: :smug:

15. these are lab reports

16. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca

aw crap. :(

:p

well, at least i have my schedule planned out where i can have a lot of time to spend on my advanced lab class.

and it still beats writing essays on books. :D

17. This is true, but its a pain in the ass when you cant just write "it didnae work" for when your last gel electroflouresis goes wrong :mad:

Meh, doesnt matter

18. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    Stick with it, bro. Yes, it's worth it. Once you got it it's one of the few things that can't be taken away, and that, I think, is worth something.

Just ignore the people who ain't done it or those who are so perfect they've never made a mistake about anything, know what I'm saying?

19. you mean ignore the a**holes on both sides of the fence :p

20. mikemulcahy

mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    Waddaya mean, im savin up fer some cozmertology classes and gunna git me a job doin hair.

Mike