Raven labs PMB-1 problem

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by PB+J, Oct 25, 2003.

1. PB+J

Mar 9, 2000
    arlington va
    Recently i picked up a PMB-1 used. I was thrille dto run across it, as I was looking for one for a while but kept balking at the price.

I hoped to use it with my K+K golden trinity rig (hail Bob!), but I fnd that the setereo input doesn't work--I run the stereo cable from the K+K out jack and into the center stereo input on the raven and all I get is the bass max--no mic. The mic channel works, and so does the instrument channel--I have gotten both to work by using my old reliable 2 channel K+K preamp. But i can't get the stereo i to work properly.

Any ideas? I opend it up and can see nothing worng, but it would be easy to miss a problem. I have contacted Raven and will see about getting it repaired if needed, but I hope there's a "Duh!" solution
  2. Bob Gollihur

Bob Gollihur GollihurMusic.com

Mar 22, 2000
    New Joisey Shore
    Big Cheese Emeritus: Gollihur Music
    There shouldn't be a problem, the K&K and Raven stuff are plug-compatible, I've sold quite a few combinations. I'd try another stereo cable just to be sure, but it should work ok.

If you have a multimeter, check to see if the preamp is supplying DC voltage to the mic channel.