1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Raven labs PMB-1 problem

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by PB+J, Oct 25, 2003.

1. PB+J

PB+J

Mar 9, 2000
    arlington va
    Recently i picked up a PMB-1 used. I was thrille dto run across it, as I was looking for one for a while but kept balking at the price.

I hoped to use it with my K+K golden trinity rig (hail Bob!), but I fnd that the setereo input doesn't work--I run the stereo cable from the K+K out jack and into the center stereo input on the raven and all I get is the bass max--no mic. The mic channel works, and so does the instrument channel--I have gotten both to work by using my old reliable 2 channel K+K preamp. But i can't get the stereo i to work properly.

Any ideas? I opend it up and can see nothing worng, but it would be easy to miss a problem. I have contacted Raven and will see about getting it repaired if needed, but I hope there's a "Duh!" solution

2. Bob Gollihur

Bob Gollihur GollihurMusic.com

Mar 22, 2000
    New Joisey Shore
    Big Cheese Emeritus: Gollihur Music
    There shouldn't be a problem, the K&K and Raven stuff are plug-compatible, I've sold quite a few combinations. I'd try another stereo cable just to be sure, but it should work ok.

If you have a multimeter, check to see if the preamp is supplying DC voltage to the mic channel.