1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ray Ramirez

Discussion in 'Electric Upright Basses (EUB's) [DB]' started by Marc Decho, Mar 21, 2006.

1. Hey All, gooday from Ottawa, just wondering if anybody has owned or tried one of Ray's composite series baby basses ? i'm looking at dropping the dough for one of these bad boys as old Ampeg's are hard to find., any input would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

2. jubaro

jubaro

Jan 22, 2008
    I owned one, and I like the fatter and percussive sound for the latin music, for me, it's great.

3. Owned, so that means you don't have it anymore?

4. Rvl

Rvl

Dec 23, 2003
    Aomori Japan
    There is also a luthier in Spain making Baby Bass copies
    I sent him an email and he responded with pics. Shipping was reasonable but Bass and shipping put it over my WIFE'S budget
    1600euros (I think) including shipping to Japan

Thanks

Robert VanLane

5. audiorep2

audiorep2 Supporting Member

Apr 25, 2004
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    I have a Ramirez Caribbean Elite. Great sound. However, the extreme temperatures of Canada opened up a seam on the top I had to have repaired. You might look out for an Azolla made Ampeg.