1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

RBX JM2

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 1973ric4001, Jun 2, 2007.

1. 1973ric4001

1973ric4001

Apr 27, 2005
    Hey,
    Ive been interested in buyin a John Myung Sig. I was goin through the forums and realized that all of the reviews were of the RBXJM, not the JM2. Has anyone here played one? i have possibly the poopiest six string on the market right now, that i picked up for 300, and i am looking to upgrade, now that i know that i love playin 6. Any imput?

2. TheXym

TheXym

Oct 19, 2006
    I own it and love it, though with the single pup your tone options may be limited. What styles do you play? I play some jazz combo work, prog metal, and with a praise band, and I feel it has served me very well.

The Yamaha TRB1006 is also a very nice 6er with a few more tonal options. Also, there may be a 6 string Bongo in the near future - if you're wanting to sound like Myung, he uses a 5 string Bongo in the studio for Dark Eternal Night off the new album.

3. 1973ric4001

1973ric4001

Apr 27, 2005
    i play everything. but im planning on this being my main axe in my prog metal band. other than metal, i focus on funk-oriented music and alternative styles like the chilis. im not sure if id use it for that tho

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 23, 2021