1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

RC-2 question/issue

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bassman515, Sep 29, 2008.

1. I have one of these pedals and i noticed (this is really the first time i have gotten it hooked into the chain) that there is a high pitch that is heard though my amp when it is hooked up. I also noticed that i could hear the pulse of the light (if that makes sense) when the pedal was not in playback mode...has anyone ever noticed this??

Jeremy

2. yeh i also have this occuring. i don't use it for gigs as such so not annoying me all that much at the moment, but would really suck if i tried to gig with it.

anyone?

3. yeah, the main reason i got it was to use it at gigs, so if it does this, it makes it somewhat worthless...i might call roland today and see what they think...

4. rratajski

rratajski Commercial User

Jul 1, 2008
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    Builder for FUZZROCIOUS PEDALS
    Do you have it plugged into a daisy chain or to your board, perhaps?

I have to use a real Boss power supply for mine. When I tried using the supplied power on my SKB board, it made that high-pitched sound. Mine is true and transparent when I use the Boss power supply.

I use mine before, after, inb/w, and during songs. I don't experience this problem since I use the Boss jawn...

5. i'm using a pedalpad powerpad II

6. rratajski

Jul 1, 2008
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    There ya go! Try using a real Boss power plug...should solve the issue!

[​IMG]

7. i have it daisy chained to my boss tuner, but i also used jsut a battery and got it too...hmmmmm? I will try to get a boss power supply and see if that helps

thanks!

8. Way Off Bass

Way Off Bass

Jul 30, 2008
    Boone, NC
    EZ Music Co.
    iirc, boss uses different power supplies than most people

9. Swift713

Swift713

Dec 4, 2006
    Florence, Ma
    I run my RC-20xl with a One Spot, never had any noise problems with it. I have had noise with other devices with the One Spot but not this one. Could be a bit of a lemon unless all the RC-2's have this issue, but why would it be that different from the RC-20?

10. When i talk to Roland today i will make sure to post my findings...
    J

11. Just got off the phone with Roland. He said he had never heard of that before, but to try the psa adapter first and if that did not work, to call him back. well...it looks like i am trying that tonight :)

Jeremy

12. CuticleThorns

CuticleThorns

Apr 6, 2008
    York, UK
    i had this problem as well, feed it an isolated supply and you should be ok

13. thanks...

14. I had the same problem with my RE-20. It didn't like running on a daisy chain.

Isolated power fixed it right up.

15. mrokern

mrokern TB's resident Rush freak

Jul 20, 2007
    Minneapolis, MN
    Another one here. The RC-2 ABSOLUTELY needs its own isolated supply.

16. McHaven

McHaven

Mar 1, 2005
    I had the same problem with my old RC-2. Isolated power should help

17. so...by isolated, can i daisy chain it off of my boss tuner if i am using the boss PSA adapter?

18. rratajski

Jul 1, 2008
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    No, you need to isolate the power. No chaining.

Use the a Boss power supply (pictured above) and power it into a surge protector or into a wall jawn.

19. k...i will try that tonight...thanks again!

20. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Call and check on it. Mine has never made any such noise and I use it live all the time.