1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Really bad GAS going on... (70's Lawsuit Gibson content)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Kevin_BlueBASS, Apr 5, 2009.

1. An old Lawsuit Gibson EB-3 has been on my mind for a while and last weekend I made it out to the store where it was on comission.
    Earlier that day I played a Gibson SG bass reissue and I liked the Lawsuit Gibson better.
    The price is $350 with HSC.
    The few Lawsuits I've seen have been vastly cheaper, but those were the depatment store models of thier time,
    where this one came from the regarded Matsumoku factory.
    I'm concerned about getting ripped off even though I love it.
    Any help, guidance, advice is always appreciated!
    Here's the bass:
    00000000000000000000000000sgbass.
    Thanks guys!
    Peace
    :bassist:

2. .

3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Supporting Member

What brand is on the headstock?

4. is the bass worth 350 to you?
    if so BUY IT
    if not wait a week till someone else does then cry about it!

5. I have a Matsumoku lawsuit era Conrad (kind of a 335 style bass, but with "Florentine" cutaways: sharper, deeper cutaways), and it plays wonderfully. The bridge on that SG style is the same as on my bass. Chrome with a levered string mute.

I got my bass free, from my old man (it was my first bass), but IIRC Elderly Music (a megastore in Lansing) once told me it was worth about $325.

If you are getting taken on that price, it wont be for much; that's about what they're worth (in excellent condition, that is). It's all up to how much you like it, and how much you'll save versus the Gibson Reissue (if they price their SG reissues anything like their other reissues; *cough* the Grabber *cough*).

6. Thanks guys!
    Apperently this is from the Kasuga factory.
    The brand is Northern, which is the Canadaian name of Aims.
    I think I'll go for it!
    Peace
    :bassist:

7. emblymouse

emblymouse Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2006
    W'Sconsin
    Lakland Artist Endorser
    I knew it was Aims when I saw the maple fretboard. Go.