1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Really dumb things your pets do

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jay_t, Mar 23, 2006.

1. That's right folks! I have a pet who just did a very dumb thing. I took some pictures for the g/f to see and I thought this might be a fun thread.

So I have a fish. Well actually I have a bunch of fish. This morning I went to feed them and one of my fish got himself stuck in a plastic tree stump. I actually thought he was dead at first and had a ziplock baggie and everything. Turns out he couldn't go through the stump and it was too tight for him to back up. I had to pull him out and now his scales are really messed up. This is no small fish. He is 11 inches long. He grew up in this tank from maybe a 1/4 inch in size. You'd think he would know better!

This is what I saw when I first noticed him. There was no movement what-so-ever. You can see why I thought he was dead.

DSC01562.

I took a picture of him from the other side before I started the extraction process. Obviously there is no way he is coming out this way!

DSC01563.

As you can see.... his scales are trashed. I hope he makes it. There was just no way to cut him out without killing him. Dumba$$! And he was trying to swim forward while I was trying to get him out. How do you tell a fish to hold still?

DSC01564.

So that's it! Anyone else with some fun pet stories?

2. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    My cats licks the floor of a cupboard that is mounted. She also eats grass and nearly ate my young pepper plants.

3. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001

haha, my last cat would lick plastic grocery bags. that cat was such an idiot that he was very entertaining. haha

4. I have 2 cats as well. One of them licks plastic bags. Hopefully your cat doesn't try to eat a pepper!

Edit: I didn't see your post Doug! That's too funny!

5. Here's the bag licker:

DSC01522.

6. morf

morf Banned

Feb 17, 2006
    My cat goes right in front of the toilet sometimes. Usually when hes pissed off I kicked him out cause he keeps meowing really loudly around 5am when I forget to put him outside for the night. Mmwell, cats will be cats...

7. Hmmmm That would drive me nuts. It's bad enough that the cats throw up sometimes.... usually at night and then I step in it.

8. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    My first dog was 19 years old when he passed, he was senile and wore diapers, but that's not the story: he used to roam around, and sometimes just disappear. Sometimes we'd find him lost behind the couch, the television, or even worse the front door that's open.

9. Man... that's senile! Was he old when this was going on?

I hope when I get older I'm still mentally there so I can get on public transportation and act senile and drive people nuts.

10. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

My dog used to eat grass and other plants and then throw them up. And do it over and over.

..She doesn't do it anymore, she's ten years old now, too old for it I guess.

11. Every Christmas, my cat eats fallen tree needles, get's sick, and throws them up/dumps them out. Every year.

12. Something about pine and mint that cats really dig. You would think pointy things would be a turn off! Catnip is in the mint family if I've heard correctly. I know that both of my cats get up close and personal when I have a mint at home or brush my teeth.

13. I have a dog that constantly turns around and bangs her nose on stuff. Sort of like walking into walls! Probably gets it from me, though; When I was in high school, I'd let my dog chase me around the house. One time I had her chasing me and I flew down the hallway, made a turn to go into my room and ran right into a closed door!:scowl: Imagine MY surprise!:eek:

Stupid tricks; they're not just for pets anymore!;)

14. need4mospd

need4mospd

Dec 22, 2005
    Houston
    My dog likes to take his toy in his mouth and run around in circles really fast, releasing the toy at just the right moment to throw it across the room and knock stuff off the shelf.

15. Maverick Blues

Maverick Blues Being a Thumper is all about ATTITUDE!

Apr 28, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    'rick

16. My cat has been acting like a kitten more and more, so he's trying to kill just about everything in site. We have a small pillow that's filled with catnip, and he loves to beat up on it. Once he took it up onto his perch to kill it, and ended up rolling off and falling on his back. Man, was he pissed!!:D He had that whole, "Don't-look-at-me-or-I'll-kill-you" thing going right afterward.

Rock on
    Eric

17. My parents have a cat that craps right in front of the litter box everytime he has to go. My dad about killed him, especially once when he caught him in the act. He was standing on the edge of the litter box with his butt hanging off the other side going right onto the floor.

Also, this is the weirdest thing I've ever seen a cat do. My roommate has a cat and If you were ever laying on the couch and you had to let one go the cat would jump on the couch and stick her nose practically up your butt and sometimes even lick the a$$ of your pants. Go figure :confused: :confused: :confused:

18. I had a lizard that was stuck in something quite like what your fish was in. I was able to crack it open and get him out.

19. bigbeefdog

bigbeefdog Who let the dogs in?

Jul 7, 2003
    Mandeville, LA
    A dog I used to have liked to "rodeo" after supper. He'd run back and forth between the living room and the den, jumping up on the sofas in each room, bouncing off the sofa back, and back down to the floor to run off to the other room and do the same.

One year, December rolled around, and we decided to move the living room sofa to put the Christmas tree in the front window. Wally wasn't looking when he barreled in there..... :smug:

Incredible mess, but at least he didn't get hurt.

20. My neighbor has a dog (part husky, part wolf, VERY pretty) who is the alpha male of the neighborhood. He has a tendancy to see EVERYTHING as his territory. So he is always lying down to sleep in the middle of the road, and damn if you don't have to drive around him. It's his road, after all.:rolleyes:

Rock on
    Eric