1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

really urgent copper shield question!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by yoni74, Feb 27, 2008.

1. yoni74

yoni74

Nov 16, 2007
    Seville, Spain
    Hi all.
    I'm soldering a set of Fender Original Vintage Jazz bass pup's to my JB and I don't know what to do with the two included copper shields. I don't even know what's the use for these copper shields. Each one has a wire soldered to it, but I don't know what I should solder these wires to.
    I have a gig tomorrow and neeed to finish the job tonight necessarily.
    Thanks in advance!

2. Rickett Customs

Rickett Customs

Jul 30, 2007
    Southern Maryland
    Luthier: Rickett Customs...........www.rickettcustomguitars.com
    Show the shields in some pics.

3. Hi, the copper shields go under neith the pickups and you can solder them to the earth cable the will be connected to your bridge. That will do the trick. Hope it helps.

4. yoni74

yoni74

Nov 16, 2007
    Seville, Spain
    do you mean soldering each shield wire to the same spot where the ground wire is soldered?
    The ground wire that goes to the bridge is soldered to the top of the tone pot.
    Thanks for your quick replies!

5. Yes.

6. yoni74

yoni74

Nov 16, 2007
    Seville, Spain
    thanks so much mates!
    This forum really rules OK!!!
    Cheers!

7. ggunn

ggunn

Aug 30, 2006
    Austin, TX
    Except when we engineer types go off arguing about nitpicking points that no one else cares about, eh? ;^)

8. yoni74

yoni74

Nov 16, 2007
    Seville, Spain
    Yeah! Haha! ;)