1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Recommend me 100-240V combo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by theboy, Sep 3, 2008.

1. theboy

theboy

Sep 3, 2008
    Hello TB

During the year I spend 7 months in the US and 5 months in Europe.
    I need 8”/10” combo (not acoustic) which is 100-240V or can be very easily switched from 120V to 230V.
    Have any ideas?

Thanks

2. Is 12" allright with you?

Then one of the EA iamp combo's could be a good solution, depending how much power you need:
    I haven't got the chance to try one yet but everyone who has agrees: These combo's sound great!

iamp500 (52 lbs) or iamp800 (58 lbs)

[​IMG]

Another option is to buy a 220 V to 110 V transformer. You can buy them for just a few euro's or dollars:

http://www.planetomni.com/Prod_VOLT.shtml

[​IMG]

3. synaesthesia

synaesthesia

Apr 13, 2004
    UK
    The Shuttle series by Genz Benz offer switching with ease. You can do this with some other combos, like markbass; but the conversion is not a switch and is an internal modification. Ditto with several other amps like SWR.

You can also look into the AI stuff, which is also user switchable.

I'd suggest getting a Shuttle or AI head, and acquire a Cab wherever you need one without having to travel with one.

4. theboy

theboy

Sep 3, 2008
    checked Shuttle's manual, 10" will work for me perfectly. iamp is heavy for transatlantic moves and kinda above my budget.
    I was thinking of buying just amp in the US and a cab in Europe till I saw prices for cabs in my hometown - they cost 3-4 times more(welcome to Europe :help:).

Thanks for replies :)