1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Recommend some Sega Genesis games

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by StanFan, Mar 4, 2008.

1. How many Double Dragon games were released for Genesis?

2. What about Earthworm Jim? I thought that game was hilarious. Also, any of the Splatterhouse games were gruesome fun.

If you get any Street Fighter games, you'll wanna pick up one of the 6-button controllers.

Umm... And howzabout Columns?

3. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    Michigan
    Shining Force holding it down on the RPG front.

4. Brad Barker

Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    mutant league football!!!!!

that game was friggin' amazing. :hyper:

5. Top few for me were (and still are on Wii)

1. NBA JAM - Great fun with cheats or not, and going through the "league" by entering the same initials every time is fun. Seems like the Bulls are always playing the same night as you, though, and Horace Grant and Scottie Pippen always have a dunk for the halftime highlight.....
    2. NBA JAM TE - Even more fun, same game style
    3. Sonic 2, 3 was ok
    4. Streets of Rage - 1 especially, it hooks you. 2 and 3 were not as great
    5. Mortal Kombat - once you learn some of the stuff and quit mashing buttons
    6. Toejam and Earl - if you're patient enough to figure it out
    7. Joe Montana Sports Talk Football - fun to call a bootleg every time
    8. Jurassic Park - I thought it was unique
    9. Xmen - cool powers you can use
    10. Aladdin - different ways to mess around in it

6. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Earthworm Jim
    ToeJam & Earl
    Joe Montana Talking Football
    Eternal Champions
    Streets of Rage

7. ric1312

ric1312 Banned

Apr 16, 2006
    chicago, IL.
    Altered beast..............I miss altered beast.

Best game on segs was the fighter that had dinsosuars that fought each other mortal combat style. Can't remember the name. but there was raptors and T rexs and some of them spit fire. One even had a snake kneck and hypnotized you..................dammit why did I sell my sega to that kid to get this crummy xbox that doen'st have many good games.

8. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    Fantasy Star series, if your into RPG's, Colums for puzzle fans, and of course Micro Machines!

9. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    +1 to streets of rage

Sonic and Knuckles was pretty rad

stay away from combat cars...horrible game...

uuh...there was this one game...you were a cowboy and you went through town and shot bad guys. great fps. i never understood that the bosses were just normal people but they could take 100's of shots to the head.

10. Are you referring to Primal Rage? I actually have that game on an XBox disc. Not that big a fan.

11. Brad Barker

Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    the mortal kombat series definitely has not withstood the test of time. i tried playing mk2 (the best one) a few months ago, and it's pretty bad.

12. Mike Money

Mike Money In Memoriam

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    road rash
    road rash 2
    vectorman
    beavis and butthead
    mortal kombat 1 and 2
    indiana jones
    cliffhanger
    sonic 1
    the magic school bus

13. Street Fighter still holds up, though. I regularly compete in tournaments around here on Alpha 3... granted, not a Sega game, but still the best 2D fighter out there.

14. Just echoing what others have said...

Gunstar Heroes...epic
    Mutant League Hockey...epic
    Rock n Roll Racing...epic
    Shining Force 1 & 2... beyond epic
    Road Rash (any of em)...Hilariously epic
    Urban Strike...just under epic but still good

15. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    Contra "Hard Corps"
    Valis III
    Gunstar Heroes
    Gouls and Ghosts
    PGA Tour Golf 2
    Shinobi
    Castlevania Bloodlines
    NBA Jam

16. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Chakan the Forever Man.

It's awesome and use to freak me out when I was younger, you play a guy who beat death in a swordfight and wished immortal life. But regrets it, and basically the point of the game is to get your character to die. It's interesting.

17. Brad Barker

Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    street fighter 2 is great. i had the snes rom on my computer two summers ago, but then the hard drive crashed, and i haven't downloaded emulators again since. (not implying any sort of causal relationship.)

the genesis controller is a bit SF-unfriendly, though.

has anyone mentioned the sonic/knuckles + sonic 3 game (aka "sonic 3 and knuckles")? that's probably my favorite genesis game, though i've been trying to play it on computer and suck horribly at it now.

i miss mutant league football. back in third grade, i would play as the 49er-esque team and demolish the wuss team for hours on end. :D

18. HollowBassman

HollowBassman

Jun 24, 2007
    Hancock, MD
    I kinda wish they would recreate that game for one of the new consoles, but I'm afraid that they'd screw it up.

19. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    I remember this game called PowerBall that was a weird futuristic sports game that was a weird combination of soccer, football and street fighter.

You played as one of the national teams (USA, USSR, Germany, etc) who each had different strengths. It was awesome for two player games.

cover.