1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Recommend some Sega Genesis games

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by StanFan, Mar 4, 2008.

1. hey

hey

Jul 8, 2006
    Wisconsin
  2. LMAO

That game was actually fun too, IIRC.
    This thread prompted me to fire up the ol' Genesis tonight, kicked the festivities off with NHLPA '93. This game is still an absolute blast to play. :hyper:

3. I'll keep my eyes open for the MJ game. I've always wanted to play it and have loved what I've seen.

4. charliet

charliet

Aug 29, 2007
    Tacoma, WA
    ECCO the dolphin 2....probably the hardest game of all time

5. I just picked up 3 more games at the flea market, Chakan (came in box with manual) $3, X-Men (in box, no manual) $5, and Kid Chameleon (cart only) $5. My brother picked up Golden Axe and Might and Magic: Gates To Another World. We'll have some fun tonight. :)

6. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    Ive been playing Shinobi III hell of a game!

7. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Ecco was hard enough...an interesting concept but very poorly executed in terms of gameplay imo! Tough as heck too!

8. I may pick up Castlevania: Bloodlines next weekend at the flea market. It was in the box and may or may not still have the manual. Is $20 too much? It sounds like a good deal considering it's a "name" game.

9. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    Try to talk him down, regardless!:)

10. eedre

eedre

Feb 26, 2007
    St. Louis,MO
    You can probably buy huge collections of Sega games on eBay for that much...

11. If you refer to one of my previous posts, I did buy 10 games on ebay for $19 total (including shipping). Most of these collections I see selling are padded up with sports games that are easy to find and sometimes multiple copies of the same game. I haven't seen a group of games selling that includes Castlevania yet. I'd like to know if the Castlevania game is hard to find if anyone out there is a collector. I see one of ebay selling for 15 for just the cartridge and up to $125 for a sealed copy.

12. I just ordered an NBA Jam: Tournament Edition with the box and manual for $1.50 on ebay. I'm so impatient about getting my first order that I have to get more and more games.

13. eedre

eedre

Feb 26, 2007
    St. Louis,MO
    Ah, well - good luck! :)

14. My brother was playing Might and Magic after swapping the battery for a new one and it worked fine for a few days. When he tried it today, the memory got deleted. Still not sure what caused it, but my question is if anyone can tell me of some Genesis RPGs that use a password system rather than the battery backup?

15. Brad Barker

Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    instead of sleeping or studying for my french exam, i decided to see if i could finally beat the mutant league football playoff mode. i tried a few times earlier today (sunday) with the darkstar dragons but came up short during the divisional playoffs.

then i had the idea at about midnight to use the midway monsters, especially for their star player "bones jackson."

the result from the first game:

mutantleaguebonesjackson.

needless to say, i won the whole enchilada. (the first game had a score of 120-0, and the championship had a score of 64-7.)

yeah, so it looks like i'm good at this game again. ;)

anyone else have similar success at this?

maybe some of the tecmo super bowl dudes have similar stories with the oakland raiders (even though that's an NES game.)

16. I definitely have to get a Mutant League game. They seem to sell for around 20 bucks for a complete version. I used to see these games all the time around 2000-2002 when places were selling Genesis games trying to get rid of them.

I'm still waiting on NBA Jam TE. :(